“Lovely restaurant, excellent food.”

Grand Cafe De Zwaan
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Hilvarenbeek
Cuisines: Dutch, Seafood, European, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant, excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with my family 2 nights ago. It's a busy pub style restaurant but is set out nicely and has a lovely relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The waiters and waitresses were polite and spoke perfect English, they had menus in English too. Plenty of choice on the menu. The food took around 25 minutes to prepare but it was really excellent. My steak was cooked to perfection, very tasty veggies, cooked 'al dente', the children cleared their plates too. This is a really lovely place to eat out, slightly pricey (E25 per adult) but very good value, given the quality of the food. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013

Netherlands
“A very pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I've eaten at almost all restaurants at the Vrijthof, Hilvarenbeek, but I had never been at De Zwaan. Next time I'll visit Hilvarenbeek I'm sure to return to De Zwaan.

The food was very well prepared, fresh and the portions were huge. The service was very good and the staff real friendly.

I'm a vegetarian and ordered the wrap on pasta and was very surprised when it was so much more than I suspected. It was filled with good vegetables (not the kind that normally end up in soup) and fine cheese. Underneath the wrap was a very tastefull pasta and this all was complemented with a great salad.

My mother had a salad with scampi. She told me at least a dozen times that it was really good.

I can only hope that next time will be just as good an experience.

Visited March 2012