“Good but not great”

Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have a nice time in this restaurant with my friends.
The waiters/waitresses are friendly and professional. The place is also cozy.

The spare ribs here is not the best in the Eindhoven I can say.
It's delicious, but a little bit overcooked.
However, the other food is good.

I recommend this place but not for the spare ribs ;-)

There are newer reviews for De Mispelhoef

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Nice hospitality!
Good atmosphere, Good food, excellent ribs.
Very nice & professional waiter.
Good recommendations!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

When I read the reviews, I was honestly concerned that my vegetarian diet would mean my leaving hungry from my business dinner. I was pleasantly surprised! Because we had a large group, we had a limited menu, but there was a vegetarian option on each course. The salad was HUGE! Large enough for a main course!

The atmosphere was cozy, and I was a little disappointed that the weather was not good enough to sit outside. But it was not too busy on the weeknight, and we had a pleasant work (team) dinner.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Found this restaurant on Tripadvisor. It was the closest restaurant from Novotel Eindhoven. We walked over and ended up having a great sunday afternoon. The garden was packed but the waitor found us a table. Staff was really friendly and attentive. We all had schnitzel. It was very tasty and very reasonably priced. The only thing bothering us was all the wasps all over the place.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went for a going away lunch for a collegue with 12 people. The service was friendly but quite slow. Because we were with 10+ people there was a limited menu. The food was good and a little on the pricey side. One warning to vegetarians is that the 10+ menu has no veggie options normally (even the regular menu is extremely limited). We basically got charged full price for one of the regular salads minus the meat.

1  Thank MarcS_67