“Fine dinner”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We knew this restaurant from two earlier visits (2004 dinner and 2009 lunch) and again had high expectations.
We had a 9-course ‘tasting’ menu (proeverij). The pace of the courses was fine, the explanation of the courses was professional and the staff was friendly and pleasant.
The fact that my messmate asked for fish-alternatives was no problem at all and well followed up.
The size of the portions was good: you are not filled too much after nine small courses.

Although the food was good, well cooked, professional service and good ambiance, we were missing something. We wonder if this has to do with the redecoration, which was less cosy than before. It also might has to do with our high expectations.
We paid euro 99 in advance for a voucher for the 9-courses for two persons, and euro 35 for drinks and tea (with lovely friandises).

If you can enjoy really good food, this is definitely a place to visit once in your life.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was a warm and very sunny day, so we could enjoyed the lunch to which we were invited for on the terrace. The restaurant is surrounded by a nice and quite public parc, even when you see people passing by you still can enjoy your meal in piece. A disadvantage of sitting outside are the flying bugs, in this case the wasps, but we could live with it.
The lunch was very good. Service is very nice, polite, formal but then again not too formal.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

on a beautiful location, this is my point of view the best michelan star restaurant in the region. Either for a romantic dinner or for a business meeting, it is always a good choice.

1  Thank Fernando M
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After purchasing a deal on groupon we went with friends to this restaurant in April 2013. From the outside you would not guess that a lovely restaurant is hidden inside.We had good weather and ended up sitting at a table with a view of the park and lake.
We had an eight course menu and I must admit it was a little too much for me in the end. The food was really good though and definitely looked pretty on the plate. I had the vegetarian menu and my husband and our friends had the normal menu which included dishes with fish, chicken and lamb. The vegetarian dishes definitely had an asparagus theme. My favourite part was the two dessert courses. We also had the accompanying wine menu and I found the selection to be ok, but not great and I regretted not selecting my own wine since they have an extensive wine list.
Unfortunately we had to rush a little towards the end of the evening but the staff were very accommodating and made sure we were able to leave on time. In fact the service was excellent.
Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Compared to other michelin star restaurants I found the food to be just OK, but compared to non-michelin star restaurants I definitely find it to be great.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Everything about the Karpendonkse Hoeve gives you that same vibe; the experience should be solid and good, whether from the food, the atmosphere or the service point of view. We have been so fortunate to have a number of experiences here, for both lunch and dinner - and we've only been consistently pleasantly surprised.