“nice & quiet place”

De Karpendonkse Hoeve
Ranked #41 of 400 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Cuisines: French, Dutch, Seafood, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Netherlands
“nice & quiet place”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was a warm and very sunny day, so we could enjoyed the lunch to which we were invited for on the terrace. The restaurant is surrounded by a nice and quite public parc, even when you see people passing by you still can enjoy your meal in piece. A disadvantage of sitting outside are the flying bugs, in this case the wasps, but we could live with it.
The lunch was very good. Service is very nice, polite, formal but then again not too formal.

• Visited August 2013

“Excellent place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

on a beautiful location, this is my point of view the best michelan star restaurant in the region. Either for a romantic dinner or for a business meeting, it is always a good choice.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Fernando M
Utrecht
“Good food with a view”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After purchasing a deal on groupon we went with friends to this restaurant in April 2013. From the outside you would not guess that a lovely restaurant is hidden inside.We had good weather and ended up sitting at a table with a view of the park and lake.
We had an eight course menu and I must admit it was a little too much for me in the end. The food was really good though and definitely looked pretty on the plate. I had the vegetarian menu and my husband and our friends had the normal menu which included dishes with fish, chicken and lamb. The vegetarian dishes definitely had an asparagus theme. My favourite part was the two dessert courses. We also had the accompanying wine menu and I found the selection to be ok, but not great and I regretted not selecting my own wine since they have an extensive wine list.
Unfortunately we had to rush a little towards the end of the evening but the staff were very accommodating and made sure we were able to leave on time. In fact the service was excellent.
Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Compared to other michelin star restaurants I found the food to be just OK, but compared to non-michelin star restaurants I definitely find it to be great.

• Visited April 2013
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Fine wining & dining, professional, driven and good!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Everything about the Karpendonkse Hoeve gives you that same vibe; the experience should be solid and good, whether from the food, the atmosphere or the service point of view. We have been so fortunate to have a number of experiences here, for both lunch and dinner - and we've only been consistently pleasantly surprised.

• Visited December 2012
Vlierden, The Netherlands
“Good Experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We had booked an 8 cours apetizer menu through Groupon, we did not really know what to expect and if the menu would be up to standard. We where pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, the service was superb, in short we have enjoyed the whole evening. Nothing to complain! In our opinion with the drinks not in the set menu, the prices for the drinks where reasonable, with the menu from the groupon deal we can say that that was a bargain! I would not have a clue what the normal set menu price for this would be, nevertheless I think I would return here again. O now I remember one thing, two of our friends where drinking Palm Beer, after 11 bottles, the restaurant ran out of this. But they solved the problem by offering another special beer, which we did not see back on the bill! Highly appreciated.