“Excellent place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Excellent place”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

on a beautiful location, this is my point of view the best michelan star restaurant in the region. Either for a romantic dinner or for a business meeting, it is always a good choice.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Fernando M

Utrecht
“Good food with a view”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After purchasing a deal on groupon we went with friends to this restaurant in April 2013. From the outside you would not guess that a lovely restaurant is hidden inside.We had good weather and ended up sitting at a table with a view of the park and lake.
We had an eight course menu and I must admit it was a little too much for me in the end. The food was really good though and definitely looked pretty on the plate. I had the vegetarian menu and my husband and our friends had the normal menu which included dishes with fish, chicken and lamb. The vegetarian dishes definitely had an asparagus theme. My favourite part was the two dessert courses. We also had the accompanying wine menu and I found the selection to be ok, but not great and I regretted not selecting my own wine since they have an extensive wine list.
Unfortunately we had to rush a little towards the end of the evening but the staff were very accommodating and made sure we were able to leave on time. In fact the service was excellent.
Overall it was a very pleasant experience. Compared to other michelin star restaurants I found the food to be just OK, but compared to non-michelin star restaurants I definitely find it to be great.

• Visited April 2013
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Fine wining & dining, professional, driven and good!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Everything about the Karpendonkse Hoeve gives you that same vibe; the experience should be solid and good, whether from the food, the atmosphere or the service point of view. We have been so fortunate to have a number of experiences here, for both lunch and dinner - and we've only been consistently pleasantly surprised.

• Visited December 2012
Vlierden, The Netherlands
“Good Experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We had booked an 8 cours apetizer menu through Groupon, we did not really know what to expect and if the menu would be up to standard. We where pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, the service was superb, in short we have enjoyed the whole evening. Nothing to complain! In our opinion with the drinks not in the set menu, the prices for the drinks where reasonable, with the menu from the groupon deal we can say that that was a bargain! I would not have a clue what the normal set menu price for this would be, nevertheless I think I would return here again. O now I remember one thing, two of our friends where drinking Palm Beer, after 11 bottles, the restaurant ran out of this. But they solved the problem by offering another special beer, which we did not see back on the bill! Highly appreciated.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“One, if not the finest restaurant in Eindhoven”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Karpendonkse Hoeve is not for the price conscience. It is not for the ordinary business dinner. It lies on the high end of any price scale for restaurants in Eindhoven.

What it is ? Arguably the best restaurant in Eindhoven. Set near a lake just outside the ring around Eindhoven. For first time visitors, consult Goggle Maps or use your GPS. It can be tricky at night or when raining. Eindhoven, with its many one direction roads tends to punish those who miss there turns. There is ample parking directly in front of the location.

Walking in, this restaurant has a friendly yet gilded feel. Service here is warm and welcoming. Everything from the greeting, table service, and wine service is done impeccably and with haste. The food varies frequently and is always freshly prepared and of the highest quality. I would recommend choosing from a 2-, 3-, or 4-course menu. To accompany the food, there is an extensive wine list to choose from or just order a glass of the very good house wines.

Not for every occasion, but if it needs to be special, go here !

When quality and pampering trump value.

• Visited October 2012