“Amazing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Binnenstad
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Mouth watering food, so fresh and delicious. We didn't have a reservation but they made a spot for us at the bar and it was quite entertaining to watch the bartender joking with everyone --- in three different languages. Can't wait to go back, but will be sure to make a reservation next time.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Antonio's provides good Italian food in a busy atmosphere. (Service can be slow when they are busy). Bread is disappointing though - always seems stale but I think it is just dry. Pasta and Saltimbocca are good. Portions are generous (you won't need many courses).

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Antonios is always fully booked but as the locals tend to dine early we can usually get a table around 8.30, even though we invariably have to sit at the bar for 15 minutes. Antonio is a real person and always greets guests and is pleasant. Mixed anti pasti is well worth having as are the steaks and crown of lamb. There are always specials on blackboards which often provide good value. The place is always busy and lively with a good atmosphere. I guess there are a lot of regulars dining there as there is always plenty of kissing as they leave! I can understand why it would become a regular destinantion as we have found it to be consistent on every visit, which cannot always be said of every restaurant in Eindhoven.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Don't go there, they don't deserve even one quarter of the reputation they have. They don't deserve even one quarter of the money they charge. I was there tonight to celebrate the birthday of my wife. From the beginning to the end they did everything wrong. Even thought I reserved a table one week in advance, they asked us to move from one table to another in the middle of our dinner, simply because they couldn't organize which group should sit where in advance. As a starter they bring olives, bread and allioli spread. They didn't bring us anything to pick the olives with so we had to use our hands, while they brought toothpick sticks to the table next for eating the olives. Asking them does NOT help; they just ignore you no matter how many times you ask! I ordered tomato salad with mozzarella and pesto sauce; I eat mozzarella on regular basis and can tell that the mozzarella I ate at Antonio's was the worst one I ever ate. It was old and without taste at all. My wife ordered carpacio; it was way below average quality which you can find in any cafe. The parmesan which they served on carpacio was simply very much old. I think they brought us the parmesan which was left over from the previous days. We finished the dinner at 20:50 and asked for coffee. After waiting for 15 mins we had to ask for coffee again. We waited for 10 more mins and had to ask again, simply because they ignore the orders. The coffee came eventually at 21:20. At 21:25 I asked for the bill, which was ignored. At 21:35 I had to ask again. Eventually I could pay at 21:45 and get out. They just have some favorite tables, which happen to be tables where Italians sit (a parenthesis information, these tables don't even spend as much money as the other tables do). The attention of all waiter is concentrated on these tables and the rest of the tables are simply ignored. If you're not fortunate enough to have an Italian at your table be prepared to ask for your meal, your coffee and your bill over and over again. I also wish to mention the clumsiness of the waiters. We had our almost one year old daughter with us. Being a baby she drops her toys regularly and I have to collect them to repeat the cycle. At Antonio's the waiters were completely careless to step on her toys even though we were sitting outside and they didn't have to walk around us every minute. It was only at Antonio's where I saw careless and clumsy waiters stepping on toys of a baby even though they came at our table very rarely. Overall, very average food, much higher than average prices combined with horrible service. I would never go there again, ever, and I would never suggest to anybody go there.

4  Thank Ali C
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Was at Eindhoven for a dinner with customers. After a hectic day at work, the 'Antonio's experience' made our evening very relaxing and good!
Antonios is just 100 metres away from the Eindhoven Railway Station, on Dommelstraat which is a nice street lined with cafes, bars and restaurants. Since it was a bright summer day, all the tables outside were taken and we were offered a nice table inside. A very cozy restaurant with 'feel at home' environment.
Service was okay and food was simply superb. I tried a Lasagne (why am I always choosing Lasagne?!?!?!) and it was good. I mean, very very good. And my customers who tried other dishes were equally pleased. I tried a chocolate pie for dessert and topped it all up with a 'citroen liquor' on the house :-)
Would strongly recommend this restaurant to food lovers. You must reserve your table in advance given how crowded this place gets for dinner time.