“H O R R I B L E ! ! !”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Binnenstad
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Don't go there, they don't deserve even one quarter of the reputation they have. They don't deserve even one quarter of the money they charge. I was there tonight to celebrate the birthday of my wife. From the beginning to the end they did everything wrong. Even thought I reserved a table one week in advance, they asked us to move from one table to another in the middle of our dinner, simply because they couldn't organize which group should sit where in advance. As a starter they bring olives, bread and allioli spread. They didn't bring us anything to pick the olives with so we had to use our hands, while they brought toothpick sticks to the table next for eating the olives. Asking them does NOT help; they just ignore you no matter how many times you ask! I ordered tomato salad with mozzarella and pesto sauce; I eat mozzarella on regular basis and can tell that the mozzarella I ate at Antonio's was the worst one I ever ate. It was old and without taste at all. My wife ordered carpacio; it was way below average quality which you can find in any cafe. The parmesan which they served on carpacio was simply very much old. I think they brought us the parmesan which was left over from the previous days. We finished the dinner at 20:50 and asked for coffee. After waiting for 15 mins we had to ask for coffee again. We waited for 10 more mins and had to ask again, simply because they ignore the orders. The coffee came eventually at 21:20. At 21:25 I asked for the bill, which was ignored. At 21:35 I had to ask again. Eventually I could pay at 21:45 and get out. They just have some favorite tables, which happen to be tables where Italians sit (a parenthesis information, these tables don't even spend as much money as the other tables do). The attention of all waiter is concentrated on these tables and the rest of the tables are simply ignored. If you're not fortunate enough to have an Italian at your table be prepared to ask for your meal, your coffee and your bill over and over again. I also wish to mention the clumsiness of the waiters. We had our almost one year old daughter with us. Being a baby she drops her toys regularly and I have to collect them to repeat the cycle. At Antonio's the waiters were completely careless to step on her toys even though we were sitting outside and they didn't have to walk around us every minute. It was only at Antonio's where I saw careless and clumsy waiters stepping on toys of a baby even though they came at our table very rarely. Overall, very average food, much higher than average prices combined with horrible service. I would never go there again, ever, and I would never suggest to anybody go there.

4  Thank Ali C

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Was at Eindhoven for a dinner with customers. After a hectic day at work, the 'Antonio's experience' made our evening very relaxing and good!
Antonios is just 100 metres away from the Eindhoven Railway Station, on Dommelstraat which is a nice street lined with cafes, bars and restaurants. Since it was a bright summer day, all the tables outside were taken and we were offered a nice table inside. A very cozy restaurant with 'feel at home' environment.
Service was okay and food was simply superb. I tried a Lasagne (why am I always choosing Lasagne?!?!?!) and it was good. I mean, very very good. And my customers who tried other dishes were equally pleased. I tried a chocolate pie for dessert and topped it all up with a 'citroen liquor' on the house :-)
Would strongly recommend this restaurant to food lovers. You must reserve your table in advance given how crowded this place gets for dinner time.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and we found the service very good. The meal was enjoyable. One serious complaint is that they refused to serve tap water saying we could only buy bottled water. This is no longer acceptable in the UK and English customers find refusal objectionable.
I also had difficulty in getting my bill at the end but they did compensate with a free liquor.

2  Thank Jim H
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Antonio's has great Italian food at reasonable prices. It's good for a nice dinner for 2 or for a family meal. We have been several times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

we had dinner and the food was normal but they did too many mistakes with the bill !!!

1  Thank Itayneidhoven