“Disapointing experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disapointing experience”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had such a lovely time on a previous visit that we couldn't wait to return. We received the same warm and friendly greeting we had experienced on our previous visit and quickly taken to our table, supplied with the menus and advised someone would be along to take our drinks order all as you would hope for. We waited and waited for what seemed ages but probably no longer than 10 minutes, and eventually our original meet and greet waiter ask had anyone taken our drinks order we said no so he took it himself, due to driving we ask just for water and he queried still or sparking, we ordered still BIG MISTAKE! I suppose I was expecting a bottle of water but it was served in glass with some ice, which wasn't a problem except you are charged 2.10 euro for what is termed spa blue water which is fancy name for tap water.
On our first visit we had the set menu which was excellent and very good value but this time decided to go a La Carte. Menu fairly extensive and a good range of choices I ordered a pastry dish filled with feta, honey and peppers and my husband ordered the baked feta cheese, he fared better than myself portion and taste wise. Mine turned out to be 3 small puff pastry rectangles with very little filling all I could taste was puff pastry and it was very dry, in fact my sliver of carrot as plate decoration had more honey on it than the starter. Husband's was a healthy portion but was spoiled by being served in the tinfoil it had been warmed in but had olives and chopped peppers that would have been so much better served in a dish. Starters came with some warm bread which was very nice. My main course was called Santorini described as steak. lamb, and scampi grilled served with rice and tzatziki which sounded delicious, turned out the steak was two large pieces of tasteless tough pork, a piece of lamb no bigger than my finger and 1 scampi, rice was coloured mush and tzatziki turned out to be a dollop of yogurt with a slice of cucumber on it, sooo disappointed hubby fared much better he ordered a dish called Athene meatballs stuffed with feta cheese, but what he got was a mixed grill he just didn't know it until it was half eaten.. as it came with one of the said meatballs It came with the same rice and tzataki and but he was very glad mistake had been made as he thought just having the meatballs would have been too dry. In the resturants defence we hadn't booked and it was very busy, also when we queried the charge for water it was taken off without a quibble. It wouldn't put me off a return visit but would probably stick to the set menu. For the two courses it came to 46 euros.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Arlene S

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“feeling welcome far away from home !”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was really a pleasant and relaxing time, I spent with my associates in Ilios, Eindhoven !o eat in familiar
I used to have meals in a pizzeria called Sicilia, just across the spot, when I was making business with Holland , ten years ago.But the owner has been changed, and like to have my meals in a familiar place, so I was looking for some new place.
And in the moment we look at the menu written on the board in front of the restaurant, we have been served with the Menus and where invited to come in ! And it was done very unforced (on the family way, how should the guest be treated o feel relaxed - by my opinion) that I like most !
And the journey thru Greek food enjoyment started !:-)!
The stuff is unforgettable, nicle looking young girls full of energy and with constant natural smile on their faces, where serving all the guest, and makes the pleasant and relaxing moments to us !
All compliments, itie everybody is really doing their jobs with emotions for all the guests !
The meals where very good, in all ways - quantity and quality !
And as I am also in such business, back in Croatia from where we come to Holland and making business, I can only shout BRAVO, ALL COMPLIMENTS AND RECOMMANDATIONS TO EVERYONE TO VISIT THE SPOT !

• Visited July 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Meh”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food wasn't great, my greek feta salad literally had only 1 piece of feta in it. I asked for bottled water and got a glass of tap water, but they made me pay E2.10 for it. Won't be visiting this place again.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good quality greek food!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

If we want to go out for a Greek dinner, we go here. Prices are more than reasonable, service is good. The atmosphere is 'modern' Greek. On a warm evening you can find us often on the terrace of Ilios.. What we do is order the 'surpise menu'.. we where never disappointed yet!

• Visited April 2013
“Nice greek restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice food, nice servers, free bread, free salad, greet deserts ! Little outdated interior! Food is like every other greek restaurant: greek :-)

Visited March 2013