“Piet Hein Eek”

Cuisines: Dutch, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant is great.
I went here for lunch and they were out of their daily soup and instead got an Indonesian curry soup. It was delicious and served with a crunchy papadum.

I also tried their three-course menu for dinner and it was a great deal for 27.50Euro. All of the food was delicious and their service is great. The staff was polite and cheerful.

Would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

For a veggie like me it's nice to have more choice than usual . The menu is simple, but always with a little surprising twist. I can never resist the chocolates from van Bragt, especially the ones with chilly peppers and salt!
The atmosphere is industrial and trendy. The staff is friendly, and if you visit the place during daytime, you can visit the PietHeinEek shop in the building next door.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great night had by all, loved the food. Services was Impeccable thanks Tina your spot on.main courses were smashing and prices the cheapest around,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was invited by the new publisher Heroes on Socks from Eindhoven to discuss my first novel: All I've Got. They invited me to come to a favorite place of theirs: Piet Hein Eek's restaurant. Having been in the Eindhoven area for quite some time, I of course know about Piet Hein's reputation as a designer, an architect and an orchestrator of way-of-life.
The restaurant does all of this justice. Decorated with the most amazing tables I have ever seen, with great combinations of old and new - the place is relaxed and fun.
The menu and the food are supporting the entire, wonderful, experience!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Oh, and by the way: I did get that book deal! ;-))

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is highly recommended to those people who enjoy being in an unusual atmosphere while enjoying delicious food. The restaurant has many different light fixtures, and different kinds of tables and chairs, to give it a very eclectic look, almost 'vintage-y', yet 'designed'. (look it up on the internet for pictures). We had to take a taxi to reach the Piet Hein Eek complex where the restaurant is situated, outside the downtown area of Eindhoven. That adds to the cost.

First we went to their store/bookstore to browse the housewares, furniture, expensive t-towels (I bought two), and other 'stuff'. The whole complex has this industrial quality, as it was a factory complex in its earlier life.

The menu at the restaurant was limited, but there was an excellent soup and a main course meal that I and my colleague enjoyed.