“Right in the thick of it”

Sandton Hotel Eindhoven City Centre
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Eindhoven
Reviewed April 9, 2009

'Used' this hotel on a stag trip - clean but small rooms (with beds to suit), very well located for getting boozed up and the rest. Good breakfast that serves fairly late - went down after 11 and was still welcomed to the buffet. The hotel is right at the start of a strip of bars so if I was looking for peace and quite and wouldn't come next to near it (the place across the road is piping out bangin' tunes till after 4am). The night porter has little big man disease but besides that I can't knock it.

Stayed: April 2009

Reviewed February 19, 2009

A small and cute boutique hotel in the city centre and close to all amenities. I loved the breakfast room, which it was more like a trendy little coffee shop and provided everything we needed. Hot chocolate wasn't included though!
Bars, restaurants and clubs are just around the corner and there is free off street parking across the road of the hotel.
I booked this hotel via a website I found after some research for under £60 per night, bargain!
The twin room wasn't very big, but very comfortable with a big shower room. The triple rooms looked very large. We loved our stay there and we would definitely return next year!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank WilliamDachris
Reviewed June 18, 2008

The room was expensive, but merely average (but that might be the way it is with all hotels in Holland). Room had no air conditioning or fridge, and the hotel had no public ice machine. Although there was a wireless access point called 'Sandton', guests have to use a rather expensive T-Mobile connection to use the internet.

What really bothered me though was that when I went to check out, I was handed a bill for city tax and minibar. I never touched the minibar (which wasn't even in the room, but in the lobby) and the charge was negated without question. The hotel was firm on charging the city tax however. I booked this hotel through Expedia and I have *never* had to pay an additional tax/charge when staying at a hotel before (the Expedia billing page when paying for the hotel even says it includes taxes). I complained to Expedia about this, but they were quite useless about it, saying basically that hotels can charge whatever they want. When I went to review the hotel on the Expedia site they also kept deleting my negative reviews.

I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank CCC___WWW
Reviewed June 10, 2008

I booked in to this hotel on Sunday and was told that i could stay for the 10days that i had booked as origanally i was on the wait list for one of the nights as the hotel was busy. When i checked this the following day i was told by the receptionist that i would have to check out one night and come back the next. I decided that if a hotel could treat me like that by moving me for one night i would find a hotel that would accomadate my needs (Hoilday inn). The staff do not know what they are doing and i have recomended to our company that we look for an alternative hotel for our business needs. To get to the so called 'Comform suites' you have to pass through tyhe confrence room, Great if someone is using this at teh time. The hotel was noisy as it is very close to the main bar area of Eindhoven. Great place to stay for Stag and Hen weekends but nothing else.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2008

At the second day, someone came into our room and took my money and the money from the purse of my wife, around 400 EUR was steal.
The manager of the hotel didn't do nothing, and at the last night it was so mad that they made me pay the city taxes after i was rob at this hotel.
Very bad service, no cleaning rooms.

The worst hotel i 've ever been in Europe. Take care with your money in it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2006

Back rooms tiny, no room for 2 suitcases.
Front rooms AMAZINGLY noisy, noise on sreet and from bar way past midnight some nights.
nice enough location, 15 min from train station, 20-25 from university

• Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed February 3, 2005

Above average for the price - but probably really average. Clean, simply-furnished room, but comfy enough for me. Very decent spread for breakfast (included in the rate I had). No bath, but good shower. Ten minutes walk from Central train station in Eindhoven and a hop, skip and step from the city's main street of bars, restaurants etc. Only spent a night here, so didn't actually get to explore the city.
Very friendly receptionist when I was there. Would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business