WINNER WONDERLAND

Ege
Ranked #85 of 378 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: No own website, but other online presence (in Dutch): www.eet.nu/eindhoven/ege , www.iens.nl/restaurant/.../eindhoven-authentiek-turks-restaurant-ege, www.turkseten.nu/restaurant.asp?id=2964
Turin, Italy
“A gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

A small, cozy place (oil lamps and flowers on the tables, dim light), where good music and delicious food made for a wonderful evening! We had excellent appetizers (cold and hot), a great Guvec (oven baked stew), and a very good steak. Plus 2 lemon fizzy and 2 beers, and paid around 80 euros. The only problem: oven baked second dishes require a lot of time to prepare, but they are worth it and the portions are huge!

• Visited September 2013

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Small but great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

In a real Turkish ambiance Ege is able to serve great Turkisch dishes.
The small restaurant (with terrace) offers fine flavors. The products are high quality and portions are rich. The menu offers plenty of choice between original Turkish vegetarian, meat and fish dishes. The mains are between 15 and 25 euro, starters between 6 and 12.
Wine is fine and not expensive.
Service was very charming and accurate.

• Visited July 2013
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
“Excellent Turkish Food! Nom Nom!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great food, great value and great service! If you have a chance go here!

So on the recommendation of Trip Advisor we went to this restaurant the other night and it was fantastic! We got there probably around 8pm and it was packed, it is a very small little restaurant in what seems to be a more residential area of town. I was with a group of five and we were very lucky that they weren't more packed and that someone had just left so they could fit us all (it was a Sunday night, so I'm guessing on a Friday or Saturday we would have needed reservations). The atmosphere is very comfortable and cozy. All the windows have these candles burning that have so many layers of wax that you can no longer see the candle holders; I thought this was pretty neat.

Anyways, on to the food. So we all ordered main dishes, but we were super surprised when all these other dishes started coming out. Apparently, everyone gets a Nan like bread, olives, peppercinnes and a white dipping sauce (I'm not sure exactly what it was). Then our dishes came out and they were amazing. I got a lamb dish which was covered in a sauce mixture of apricots, raisins, gooseberries and figs. It was really good, but maybe a little too sweet for my taste, which was okay because my co-workers all ate some of it and like it. Another co-worker got the meat kebab and I tried that and thought it was the best out of the table. If I ever go back I will order that. Additionally, they brought us a shared pot of cooked vegetables that was excellent. After all was said and done we split the check and it was ~25 Euros for me (I had also split a half carafe of house red wine with one of my co-workers). I thought this was pretty good value considering how much food we got, the quality of the food and the attentive service. I definitely plan to go back to this restaurant if I can.

Oh for those who wonder if it is authentic, I'm not Turkish, but I did go to Istanbul a couple of years ago and from that experience I'd say it was.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great turkish food and a warm atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

One of my favourites restaurants in Eindhoven. It is a small, cozy resraurant. You can expect there a friendly service and a great food.

San Jose, California
“Authentic turkish kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Well, the best thing I like at this restaurant is the way they serve and yummy food. Just order the main ingredient of choice (like meat, fish or vegetarian) and they decide some wonderful dishes around it. I would highly recommend it for its authentic turkish taste, cozy setting and beautiful ambience.

• Visited September 2012