“Basically a Highway Motel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Campanile Hotel Eindhoven

Campanile Hotel Eindhoven
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Eindhoven
Toronto, Ontario
“Basically a Highway Motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed in Eindhoven to break up our drive to Maastricht. Checked in and asked if we would like the breakfast in the morning. I thought 10,50 euro was a little steep but we purchased it anyway. This with tax brought our night stay from 69 euro to 93 with tax. We have stayed in other nicer hotels in Holland for less that included the same continental breakfast. My advice is to just use the McDonalds across the street and save some money. We also had dinner in the restaurant and found it to be good and reasonable if ordering ala carte. The room is basic motel but our room was well cleaned. Parking is free and is in a locked area that is accessed with your key card. The hotel might be in a bad area as they have a blast shield that lowers and covers the front window of your room. I thought it was just to keep the light out but my wife pointed out that there are heavy drapes to cover the window already.
All in all it is not the worst place I have stayed but it is certainly not the best.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

I booked one room via website - later I phoned and I asked about babybeds for my children - they said that in one room they may have put only one and if I would like 2 babybeds I could book another room
I phoned and I e-mailed a few times - the staff was very nasty - they insisted on booking another room
I can't have cancelled my booking I decided to book one room more - they didn't give any discounts
It was one of the most expensive accomodations (the price for 2 rooms with breakfasts and with taxes was comparable to Hilton rates)
The standard of this hotel is very low - the rooms are dirty and very old - the breakfast is awful - the staff is incompetent and boorish
Access by public bus to this hotel is constricted - it is neccessary to walk on the highway without sideway
This hotel should be shut - you should give this hotel a wide berth

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank R18_11

Travelers are raving about these Eindhoven hotels

Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

The bathroom deserves a better cleaning: moldy shower curtains, left hair... Also found spider webs in thé room. But I had a very good night in a comfortable bed, which is not straightforward in this range of hotels.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Haxojq
London UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

Positives: Free wi-fi, quiet location, really friendly staff, a restaurant that serves edible food, free parking, a proper bar, a pool table in reception, one free drink token upon arrival.

Negatives: Wi-fi needs a registration page, and sometimes drops out, so you have to use the registration page again. Fine if you just want to check emails but possibly not OK if you want to use skype, warcraft, download movies or whatever. Thin walls. Not really near anything at all, and a few kilometres from the centre of town.

For the price, this is a really good hotel. But... the price was forty euros per night. Don't expect the Radisson.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank clownshoes
Izegem
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

January 13 was a cold night...Arrived at the hotel around 16.00h in the afternoon. The heating was not turned on...room was freezing cold. Rooms have to be heated electrically wiht a small device not suitable for the task. At 20.00h I went to the desk and complained - room temperature was then 13°Celcius. Lady at counter did not care. She refused to call the manager. No additional heaters available. Desk lady ordered me to go back to my room and sit and wait untill the manager had time to see me. Left hotel at 20.15h. Campinele refuses to refund. On top of that, their response on my complaint is that I refused to talk to them....

Ow, almost forgot. Free Wireless Internet does brake down every ten minutes.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank wurre
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

Hotel is in the same style as all Campaniles I have been in in Europe, the rooms all open out onto an outside corridor, even in October i found it starting to get cold and had the room heater on!
The hotel is in a great location about 400 yards off the main highyway and was extremely easy to find. The parking is free and there are 3 buses that run from across the road that go straight to the main bus/train station and to the airport in the other direction. It only takes 10 mins to get into town, you really don't need to drive!
The staff were all very friendly with travel advice etc. I had arrived before my room was early but they took my bag and kept it in a secure area for me.
The room was basic but comfortable and clean, the TV had BBC1 and 2 and there was a kettle in the room.
My room was at the back and I was not bothered at all by the noise from the road.
I had dinner in the hotel at night (there isn't much else around!) and I was served by a pleasant waitress. The food was served quickly and was very nice, bit pricey but hey ho!
For me the best thing about the hotel was the free wifi offered, I stayed in 5 hotels all around The Netherlands and this was the only one that offered it, well done!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Clare Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

If you are looking for a place to stay in Eindhoven with a bit of character then I do not recommend this hotel. It was very basic for the rate charged per room.

• Liked — close to bus stop
  • Disliked — no character
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)