“Spaghetti and Prawns - historic”
Review of Mangiare

Mangiare
Ranked #4 of 8 Dessert in Eindhoven
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Was in Eindhoven on business and our hosts took us to this restaurant. I have read some of the other reviews, dont know if we were lucky or if the guys we were with new people in the restaurant but.....the service we received was superb. Our hosts recommendation was spaghetti with prawns, I dont like spaghetti but this was historic, a word of caution though, VERY garlicky!!! It was a very busy little place, great atmosphere, a little pricey for lunch though, 5 mains (of spaghetti) 1 bottle of wine and coffees = 142 euros.

1  Thank LancasterMgh

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have a real problem deciding on 3 or 4 stars for this review. I really like Magiare, and I regularly go there for lunch and/or dinner. The food is good basic Italian faire, hearty pasta dishes and really nice salads. I highly recommend the antipasti fish dish - plenty enough for two.

However, the service has become disappointing in the last year or so. They recently doubled the size of the restaurant, and seemingly at the same time managed to get the service wrong. You can wait for a long time to even get your iitial drink, and many s the time I have finished that first drink and sat waiting for my order to be taken.

I get over this by just grabbing the staff as they walk around ignoring the customers. Or try and get one of the Italian waiters to work your table, they're much better.

So improve the service and this is a definite 4 star restaurant in Eindhoven.

2  Thank David D
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The food is really good, the salads in special. They have lovely italian wines by the glass to pair with good pasta and tasty flavours from the menu. One of the few that is open at lunch time with 'real food' in the Centrum /Binnerstad (Eindhoven Downtown).

1  Thank Lu b
Reviewed August 12, 2012

After 2 hours waiting the dinner never came. It was on a Sunday when the restaurant was almost half empty, so it is no a matter of a busy time but of a terrible service . We had to leave the place quite annoyed an start the whole process again in a different restaurant.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Mangiare is a regular lunch spot for us these days. Great pasta dishes, salads, and the best pizzas in Eindhoven. Dark and cosy interior for when the weather is bad and great sitting outside on the terrace at the back of the restaurant when the weather is fine. Always fast attentive service. What is not to like?