“Delightful hospitality”

Onderwijshotel De Rooi Pannen Eindhoven
Ranked #2 of 24 Eindhoven B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Recently I stayed at the Hotel De Rooi Pannen in Eindhovehn, which is part of the Hotel & Tourism educational center. The hotel is operated by its students, under the supervision of qualified teacher, most of them former hotel executives. The hotel is located in the center of town with free parking. The welcome was pleasant and registration went smooth. The room is spacious and clean, with free WIFI. Breakfast is simple for sufficient, and again one of the students will serve you. My one night stay was a delightful experience. Though this hotel is not to be compared with one of the branded hotels in Eindhoven, I can recommend this as a pleasant and comfortable experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed November 25, 2012

A very comfortable and modern designed hotel.
Very kind students in reception
In the breakfast coffee must be offered more quickly.
A little bit more heat neaded in the room. I feeled cold when we stay more there.
Good value for money.

Room Tip: I've stayed at the room no 6 in the 4th floor and it was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I wanted to visit the Floriade in Venlo but there was no medium-priced accommodation available there on my preferred date. I found De Rooi Pannen on Tripadvisor. I reserved a room for 3 nights but before I travelled I got a request to ring the hotel manager. She explained that this hotel is open only during college term times, and even then closes at 11 am Saturdays, reopening on Mondays. As I was the only person booked in for my 3rd (Friday) night, I was politely encouraged to think of alternative accommodation for that night -- which is what I eventually arranged. I could appreciate that having even a minimum staff crew on duty for just one person would be uneconomical. (Bear in mind that most of the staff are 3rd year students at the college next door.)

During my stay most of the accommodation was vacant. De Rooi Pannen depends on sites like Tripadvisor and on word of mouth to attract customers. As it offers essentially 4* accommodation for the price of 3*, Eindhoven's hotels will not allow it to advertise in the usual media. The restaurant, in contrast, seemed busy in the evenings and the hotel also caters for training events and small conferences.

There is nothing distinctive or 'characterful' about the buildng itself. It is in a quiet street just off the dual carriageway leading to/from the rail station. My room was large and the bed was comfortable. The TV was a decent size -- always a plus for me. There was a kettle, and a coffee making machine using pods/sachets. The bathroom was particularly spacious and equipment included a scales and an impressive hair dryer. (As it was Eindhoven, all the electrical equipment is made by Phillips.) Everything was spotless.

There was a good range of options for breakfast. The staff ask for notice if you wish to eat in the hotel in the evening. However, after a long day in Venlo, I returned to De Rooi Pannen and asked the young lady on duty at reception if I could have something. The restaurant was pre-booked by a large group but she set a place for me in the breakfast area and quickly organised a steak (one of the nicest I have ever had) with a salad and a beer. For those wishing to eat out but not to walk (20 -25 mins) to the town centre, there are several options on Kruisstraat, to the west and parallel to the dual carriageway.

I hope that this hotel will find a way to extend its opening times. Eindhoven does not seem to be a major tourist attraction in the way that, say, Delft is, but the city could market itself more in Britain and Ireland as a major shopping centre. I would like to have another reason to
enjoy the friendliness and enthusiasm of the young staff at this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A lovely hotel run by students and their teachers. We enjoyed every minute of staying here. If you want a swiftly run anonymous experience of a big city hotel - dont bother here - but if you enjoy watching young people learning, like great value rooms and good breakfasts (we didnt eat dinner here) and dont mind getting the bus or walking ot the centre- give this a go.

you will never stay anywhere like it again!

Oh and the bathrooms were great!.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel of a college has well equipped nice rooms and all needed services. The staff members are nice students and the service did work well. The breakfast was good and there is a nice bar with very cheep prices. They also have free WiFi and computers for guests. The room prices are amazing low. There are also free parking places just in the front of the hotel. I was surprised and happy with this nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ritva189934
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here in June attracted by the good reviews, the price and free parking within walking distance of the railway. The reason for the visit was to go to the Floriade on the floriadeexpressbus which included a day ticket to the event and return travel to Eindhoven railway station.

The hotel accommodation was exceptional, we had an executive suite on the fourth floor. The ensuite was huge and spotless and the room with flat screen tv and generous hospitality tray made for a great three days. The students were helped by the supervisers, who were around to make sure that everything went smoothly. There were some information glitches like being told there was free wifi in the room, which turned out to be at the computers situated close to the main entrance lobby and gaps in the breakfast menu after ordering. Everyone was friendly and helpful, there was always a happy smile and 'hello' in passing. We were not able to sample the evening meal as the college was busy with exams and parents were being invited to share the evening with the students, but the menu looked very good and the price very reasonable.

We would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for a stay in Eindhoven.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This student run hotel is a training facility where customers get to stay in business hotel standard accommodation for a fraction of the price. The rooms are big and well equipped. Everything is spotlessly clean, the baths generously sized and service is excellent. If you want business class accommodation for budget rates in Eindhoven stay here. Minor quibble- no wifi, but I am sure this will be rectified in future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family