“Nice cuisine, but staff needs better training”
Review of Sense

Sense
Ranked #11 of 261 Restaurants in Den Bosch
Cuisines: Seafood, European, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Very nice restaurant in historic centre of den bosch, city well known for eating out in south of holland.
Moscow
“Nice cuisine, but staff needs better training”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice cozy restaurant in the central part of Den Bosch. Reservation recommended, but we didn't have any problems booking a table one day before our dinner.

Small tasting size portions, but don't make our mistake of ordering a 7-course tasting menu, unless you ate nothing for the last couple of days... However small they are, 7 is just 2 too much. I couldn't even try one of the latest ones...

Overall a very nice impression. Being greeted by the chef himself is a really nice touch. And a true chef he is :)))

Two minor glitches with staff: a quite pretentious waiter and being abandoned by sommelier while he was presenting the wine as he went away to greet a client who has just walked in.... That you wouldn't normally expect in a Michelin star restaurant.

• Visited October 2013

“Great food, nice chef, staff could improve a bit”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and me ate at Sense for the first (and definitely not last) time last Saturday. We had a great night! The restaurant is nice and intimate, I think the maximum number of people they can serve on an evening is 30.
After we installed ourselves at the table and received some small bites on the table, the chef came to welcome us and explained the concept of the restaurant. Serving smaller portion dishes, you can choose your own combination of hot and cold, or be surprised by a 3-7 course surprise menu. We chose a 5-course surprise menu and were very happy with what we saw on our plate. As usual in a Michelin starred restaurant we got a couple of nice fish dishes to start with and then two courses with first duck and after that angus beef. Quality was very consistent throughout the meal. I ended with cheese and my wife with a sweet desert. Accompanying ones were very tasteful as well.
Only point that can be improved is the way waiters take away plates after each course. They ask you if everything was ok, which you don't need to do in my opinion if you're taking away empty plates. And if you still want to do it, then at least give the guests the intention that you are interested in their answer to this question. Other than that, a great night! We'll come again!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Fabio B
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Consistent!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at Sense tonight....nice food, wonderull wines, great service...
We took friends for dinner, they as well were very pleased about our choice...Sense is doing a very consistent job!!

1 Thank Erlin-Patrick
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Finally: the tv set has gone!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Another good dinner at Sense with a business acquaintance. Same, consistent experience but... the tv set has gone! Hopefully not for repairs....

• Visited May 2012
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Second time at Sense: still good but not a Michelin star restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

After having dinner here earlier in the year, I decided to have Christmas dinner at Sense with one of my teams from work. Let me say that each and everyone of us had a great time and we all liked the food. Again the chef came out to explain about the menu, this time in very good English, and we joked around with him and he with us. We haven't compared prices pre and post Michelin star however what was a bit disappointing is that my assistant had booked well in advance and pre Michelin star, but when we wanted to add an elevent person to our party, they were very inflexible to arrange for that and the excuse was that it was so busy now after the award. We almost booked a different restaurant had it not been that ultimately we ended up with one person less so in that sense the problem solved itself.
I still believe this is a good restaurant but not Michelin. Our table actually was in the bar area where that bloody tv screen hangs and just next to the cloackroom. I'm pretty sure that last time there was nontable there and even though we booked well in advance, there was another large party in the main restaurant area while we were sitting what I would call in the back. The service from the chef as said was very good again, the staff service remains a bit clumsy.

Let 's see if I will return here. If the tv doesn't go, I won't....

• Visited December 2011