“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Breda
Mexico City, Mexico
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I got there with my sister, specially for the "Breda Live" event. The staff ladies were super nice and helpful, printing our tickets, giving us maps and directions on how to get to the venue. I did a 3 week tour in Europe, stayed in many hotels, and I can honestly say the this one was the best. The location is ideal, the rooms have a great size and are impeccably clean... everything was perfect. The room had a plus, it overlooked Breda's Grote Kerk, and it was simply amazing. When I go back to Breda, I'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank erikikix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Next to train station in Breda and within walking distance of the town centre, which is worth a visit. Hotel is well run with good modern rooms. Breakfast is good with mixture of hot and cold food, although pricey if not booked within a room deal

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank William D
ApolloHotelBreda, Front Office Manager at Apollo Hotel Breda City Centre, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear William,

Thank you for leaving your opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very important for us, a lot of people decide their stay in hotels after reading reviews on internet.

We hope that the next time you visit Breda you will stay with us again!

Kind regards,

Anniek Voesenek
Sapporo, Japan
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've stayed here for 5 nights.

The location is very nice, a few minute's walk from Breda Station.

The room might be renovated and some are replaced.
Some rooms have a refrigerator (with key!).
A safety box (safe in British English?) is equipped but there is no description.
I asked the reception and got to know the following instructions.

1. Push a white botton in the back side of the door.
In the surface of the door, a green light 'NEW' flushs.
2. Push 'Enter'
3. Push your original pin (at least 4 digits),
4. Push 'Enter'
In the surface, an 'OK' gets green.
5. By eliminating 'OK', turn the handle in the door.
6. Repeat 3-5, then you'll open/close it.

The reception staffs are all polite and friendly.

The dishes in breakfast is so-so.
The taste is good, however, almost same dishes are served every day.

Breda itself is one of the small cities in the Netherland.
Then, the most nearest store is in the station.

Room Tip: In the reservation sites, you'll make a reservation with higher price. Then, you'll use a r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Comfortable clean room in the new part of the hotel. However no free wi-fi and the charge to use was ridiculous. No water or drinks of any kind in the room. Breakfast was poor, the fresh fruit was either under or over ripe and little choice. Over-priced.
Next time will stay at the Novotel which is cheaper but definitely more value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank catherine S
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel during the Breda Jazz Festival 2013. Very nice, clean and modern hotel. Very friendly staff and good breakfast.

Besides the positive stay, it is absolutely rediculous that they charge 12 euro for one day of Wifi connection in the room. This is 2013! Also the 15 euro for parking is pushing it.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room in the new wing of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fizzl3
Irvine, California
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've stayed here at least 10 times, as we've an office nearby, and the prices are right, and I can get on the train at AMS (the Fyra when it is not broken) and for €21 and just under an hour walk off at the Breda station, and into the lobby. Service has always been good, and all but one stay I've stayed in the newer rooms. The older rooms nearer the train station, when I did stay, we older and noisy. The newer rooms are quieter and cleaner. I get the breakfast package included and it has most of the staples needed to get one's day going. Heating, cooling in the room work fine, and there's a power outlet by the desk. The big benefit is being able to walk across through the park and into city center which I did solo Sunday night, just to try a new restaurant, one that I had not been to, and one I had not read any reviews about. You'll have to watch for those related reviews soon. One was sushi, one was Indonesian, and one was a brew pub with upscale food. Great food (but that's another review). I love the beds and pillows and the simple bed throw. The giant painted face on the accent wall put me off at first - now I think of her as my NL mascot, welcoming me.

Room Tip: A newer room, not close to the tracks
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve_N_018
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy to hear that you have again enjoyed your stay at our hotel. And hope that we can welcome you again soon this year and provide you one of the rooms in our hotel which you like.

See you soon!

Kind regards,

Anniek Voesenek
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

First review I've ever done but i felt compelled
some perspective: I just stayed centre of Berlin for less money with a million dollar view, giant bed and bathroom
My room was a cave
shower is over a bath and hard to get into - im small and fit
You have to pay for internet which is ok BUT you have to pay to watch the 22inch TV in english
I was told breakfast was part of the 165 Euros - it came up on my bill at 18 euros
I was locked out of my room half way through my stay - 4 trips back to reception to sort this out
my internet cut off half way through my 2 night stay - 2 trips to reception.
Bed is comfortable
At 165 Euros i don't expect sueezy everyone-shares dove body wash/shampoo
My room was not serviced

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business