“Good for a cheap weekend away”

Amrath Hotel Brabant
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Breda
Reviewed May 30, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Amrath, Breda satisfies all my requirements.
There is free unlimited WiFi.
Service is great, warm, friendly and very flexible to provide whatever your requirements may be.
The Restaurant provides a good variety of dishes of great quality.
Champange Breakfast is available as standard.
The Bar is well stocked with the usual drinks and huge range of wines (Red, White, Rose, Sparkling etc) and beers (lagers, dark, blondes, etc).
It is approximately 30 minuites walk from the town center crossing the canals, and some nice sceneries.
You can also rent a bicycle.
The Swimming Pool and Sauna is very enjoyable.
Rooms are warm, dry, clean, with Tea & Coffee, TV, Power Showers, Desk & Sitting Areas.
Very reasonably priced for what it can offer.
Would definitely return and recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inner side are quiet and sunny in the mornings. Rooms on the outside are sunny in the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed there in early April. I agree that rooms are a bit small and dated, but they are warm. I also agree that the hotel's location is not ideal in terms of the proximity to the city center (though it is a good location for those who like walking for about 25-30 minutes through a nice and safe environment which I did every day). Of course, there are buses (a stop is just across from the hotel), and a taxi drive would cost something around EUR 10. The best thing about this hotel is its breakfast (excellent!) and the service. Breda is a small, very charming city and the Brabant hotel is one of the best this community can offer. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is fine, clean, a bit old fashioned but perfectly ok. What I found outstanding was the service I received. I had an early morning train to catch in Breda, and assumed I'd get a taxi very quickly. It soon became apparent that you need to order taxis the previous night, and the night porter tried his best but there came a point where I had to make the decision to walk to the station to try to make my train. About ten minutes into my walk, a taxi pulled up beside me in the street, sent to collect me by the night porter at the hotel, the driver had already been told my train time and got me there in time. I think this is just superb service and I would like to use this forum to thank that member of staff for his help. Absolutely superb. Thank You Sir.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's an OK hotel,basic and functional. I'd love to meet the person who thinks it's a 4-star place though. Even 3 would be pushing it. The location isn't great either. The plus is the reception staff who are very friendly

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bricer2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've just spent 5 nights in the Amrath and despite earlier poor reviews I found it to be an extremely good hotel. I was in room 106 (non-smoking) which was clean, well equipped and with a very comfortable bed. It's near the hotel entrance but I didn't get any late night revellers waking me up! The bedroom is rather colourless but it had everything I needed for a business trip. Good sized bathroom with powerful shower and good lighting. The bedroom had a double wardrobe with 6 or 7 inbuilt clothes hangers on one side and 4 large shelves on the other. A long worksurface had the tea-making stuff, a light and a flat-panel tv above. I had to ask for additional lighting as the room lights were a bit dull. I came back the same day to find a new fluorescent fitted and another portable light.
The food was excellent, both room-service and the restaurant. Most surprisingly I had the best salade nicoise I've ever had.
The swimming pool is large with depth ranging from 0.8m to 1.4m, so a bit shallow for a good swim!
Lots of car parking at a cost of 5 euros a day.
Overall I'd stay here again. It rates very well against other 4* hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Small rooms, awful location, bad food, service is ok

• Stayed: June 2012