“Misleading Drink Description”

Bagels & Beans
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Breda
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Misleading Drink Description”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a matcha latte which is matcha (green tea extract) and milk. I specifically said unsweetened. When it came it was very sweet. Turns out they use sweetened soy milk to make it. So why didn't they either say that on the menu or tell me when I said I wanted unsweetened?

The service was very slow, the cafe was packed with barely room to move between tables, and even though I only had 2 sips of the drink and complained about it they just shrugged and billed me 4 euros something. Very, very poor.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Victel

spring creek, nv
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It was crazy busy but worth a short wait. They offer fantastic bagel sandwiches and a variety of other breakfast and lunch items. Right down town in the shopping area.

Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“Vibrant Atmosphere and Great Menu”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the only place in Breda that serves you a BIG cappuccino when you order a big one! If you want a pint of cappuccino in a mug, you'll love these. Choose from other kids of coffees, teas, fruit drinks or smoothies. The food ranges from bagels to muffins and desserts. The staff are all friendly and you can choose to sit indoors (where it is always about 25C) or outside on the terrace if the weather's up to it. Tiny niggles include the fact the wifi never works unless you ask one of the girls to reboot it and the fact they don't have any sugar-free coffee flavorings, but those are minor details. You can get cappuccino at the other end of Breda, closer to my house, but it's worth walking down to Bagels and Beans because you know you'll get good service and nice food/drinks. I recommend the caramel cappuccino and the everything bagel (different seeds on top) with carpaccio is also delicious. I wasn't keen on the cheesecake but if you like quite plain cheesecake you might like it. You can buy bagels, cream cheese etc to take home too. I recommend Bagels and Beans in Breda.

• Visited October 2012
Leiden, The Netherlands
“I always leave this place relaxed and happy”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I lived around the corner from this place for two years, came here regularly. Especially love it during the week, when it's not filled with shopping crowds. Always has relaxing music. I loved just sitting here, checking my mail, using the wifi to surf a little. Best coffee i tasted in breda. If you want to cut the costs, order one bagel with cream cheese and then a second one without. One portion of cream cheese is enough for two bagels. Also try the multi-everything fruit juice.

• Visited August 2011
Breda, The Netherlands
“Great place, nice variety, healthy and fresh food”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I live in Breda and have been to B&B a handful of times. All my friends loved it but I could not see why... it was just 'bread' with random toppings, stuff I could make at home.

ALAS, I now see the light. Last time I went there, it all clicked. The place is great! I have a better appreciation for freshly squeezed juices, their bagels are pretty good and they have a nice variety of toppings. The atmosphere is cosy, and furthermore I do have an appreciation for places that try to source their products sustainably. They have a large choice of fairtrade products and simple but tasty recipes. Nice variety for vegetarians, and even one gluten-free bagel :) Would definitely recommend it.

• Visited October 2011