“Nice Place”
Review of Campanile Venlo

Campanile Venlo
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Venlo
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Booked via the internet so got a good price. I needed 2 rooms which ended up costing about 94 euros for the night including breakfast. Was helped tremendously at check-in by Kim and Jelle, and later in the restaurant, Ellen). The rooms were as I expected them to be, nothing too fancy but good for a nights rest and was not disappointed. I was happy that we were given rooms on the ground floor as it seemed a long hike up the steps to either the 1st or 2nd floor.
We had a meal in the restaurant which was nice, although that being said, I found it all quite expensive although I suspect it is the same throughout Holland.
Breakfast was excellent.

We did stop at this hotel on our way back about a week later since we liked it so much, and this is were the booking on line came into play, I had not pre-booked and the 2 rooms cost me 146 euros. So take the hint BOOK ONLINE.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel has a motel type feel and is very basic. I was quite pleased that we got a really good deal on the two rooms.

I stayed here with my two 7-year-olds and a baby on our way back to England. It was a good night's sleep, the beds were comfortable and the blackout curtains really helped the baby fall asleep on a sunny summer evening. We specifically requested the only two interconnecting rooms and were reminded sternly at check in that they were non-smoking. However, one of the rooms smelled horribly of smoke, so someone must have ignored that recently! Also, the walls/ceilings seemed paper thin, so we could hear the guests upstairs flushing the toilet.

We arrived late in the evening, ready for bed, and it had been our intention to quickly get some food in the hotel's restaurant -the hotel is in a business park far away from any shops. However, we were not allowed to purchase the food and bring it to the rooms, so we ended up with Pringles and Mars bars for dinner, which was the only things we could buy from the reception and take with us. Not great.

The breakfast was decent but the restaurant didn't have a high chair for the baby so I had to balance her on my knee while drinking my coffee. It felt a bit as if mine were the first kids that had ever visited.

I wouldn't go back, but it's a perfectly useful place for a stop over on the way, without kids.

Room Tip: If you want interconnecting rooms, 6 and 7 are the only options. They are on the ground level, which...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Fernando O
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Price-wise it couldn't get any better; room was decent enough, however it was hard to get used to people passing by my window (balcony entrance). Problem appeared when it started raining - the entire balcony passage on 2nd floor got flooded - there was absolutely no way to get in and out the room without shoes soaked.

Restaurant is in a separate building and it serves good food, portions are big, staff helpful enough.
Carefully with plastic key cards, they tend to break easily.

Room Tip: Regardless of which room you get, there will be passers-by outside your window.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Kirsten V, General Manager at Campanile Venlo, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for the feedback concerning your stay. Being continuously into improving our customer service, our guest opinion is always welcome.
We would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused by the fludded corridors. Our goal is to deliver full satisfaction to our guests' expectations and we are sorry that we couldn't achieve that during your stay in our hotel.
Your feedback as a guest enables us to enhance our customer service every day.
Hoping to welcome you again soon.
Best regards, Kirsten V.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights as our children were taking part in a football tournament.

I was checked in quickly and was given a room on 1st floor.

Room was spacious with a double bed which was very comortable, a tv which I never used and plenty of wardrobe space. The bathroom was lovely and the shower was powerful, plenty of towels also.

There was a shutter on the outside of the window which was a total blackout.

I didnt eat in the restaurant but my friends did and said the food was nice. You could buy a continental breakfast for 11 euros.

Would definitely stay here again if I was ever in this town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
We have read your review and we would like to thank you for it.
Our guests' experience contributes to the continuous improvement of our customer service.
We are glad to read that you appreciate our rooms.
Our guests' comments always contribute to enhance our customer service.
Looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.
Best regards,
Kirsten V.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

When you first arrive to the area near the hotel the first thought is that you are seeing an motel from some American film. The reality is quite different, the room was clean, the bed, mattress and pillows were comfortable and the space available was not abundant but more than enough.

The bathroom had a small bathtub, however the bathroom space was quite big because it was prepared for guests with wheelchairs. One downside, despite not being a major negative point, were the thin walls, we could sometimes ear our "neighbours", thankfully they were all quiet people, the room was on the parking lot side instead of the road side and the hotel is located in a small and quiet industrial area. Like the majority of the hotels in this central Europe region, the rooms are more prepared for the cold than the heat.

The contact with the staff was really reduced, but everything happened without any problem. And because the details make the different, it was really nice to have some small treats waiting, like a tea bag and cup to take-away and sort of cookie.

The only truly negative point is the location around 2,5/3 km away from the Venlo's city centre, but this is only a problem if are going on foot or going by bike or by public transport, if your going by car it might be a much more advisable choice than staying in a hotel at the city centre.

So for me the price around 45 euros/night for a double room is a good price for the conditions available.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jreviewingc
Reviewed February 24, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We needed a decent but not too expensive hotel, for a quick stopover. The Campanile was perfect for this. We checked in rather late and checked out early morning. The guy at the front desk was very friendly, the room was perfect for what we needed. Warom room, clean, comfortable bed, nice bathroom and good tv. What else can you need. We didn't take breakfast, so no idea how that would have turned out. The room itself is not very big, but it's more spacious than a lot of the more expensive hotels I stayed in. The rooms are in a block a next to the main building. It gives you a bit of an American motel feeling, which I liked, but that's personal. There was a shutter outside of the window, which you could let down, this gave me safe feeling and it blocked out all the light. It's conveniently located next to the freeway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank la_ragazza_mela
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venlo
Van der Valk Hotel Venlo
#1 of 1 in Sevenum
Hotel Puur
Hotel Puur
#7 of 7 in Venlo

Been to Campanile Venlo? Share your experiences!