“Very nice, modern and stylish hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dux

Hotel Dux
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Roermond
Krakow, Poland
“Very nice, modern and stylish hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Together with my girlfriend we visited Roermond in November 2013.
We decided to stay at Hotel Dux, due to many recomandations online,
and did not regret it.

The Dux is a very modern hotel, rooms are spacious and comfortable.
A superb modern bathroom, with a "freestanding" bathtub and a huge
rainforest shower is to my mind the "highlight" of the room.

The sleepquality was SUPERB, very comfortable bed and even the
room was directly over the entrance and on the streetside it was quiet.
Due to many different LED-lamps the room was always enlighted, as we
would like to have it. Perfect for watching a nice tv movie or enjoying
some time together. To my mind it is also very stylish, that you have shutters
in front of the windows. The minibar was equipped kind of poorly, but it was for free.

The choice for breakfast was ok, some croissants, ham, cheese, youghurt
and cereals. Could be better, but it was fair enought.

If you arrive by car, you can choose between a parking directly under
the hotel (charge) or as we did, in ca. 200m distance there is a parking
for free, with designated parking lots for DUX-guests.

What does not fit into this very positive opinion
are cheap, oilbased bath-amenities.

Overall it is a new, very stylish hotel, with friendly staff. It is not
cheap, but due to the very good location, perfectly clean, spacious
and comfortable rooms I would recommend it to everybody.

Room Tip: The parking for free is just a 5 minute walk away, well described and the car is in a big, secure l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here one night on business trip because normal hotel was full, wish I had stayed here all week, hotel staff very friendly, food and bar, all good, rooms were amazing, very clean, and comfortable, i could have stayed in my room all night. Very reasonably priced for standard of hotel and service.
Hotel is located well for shopping, restaurants and bars.
Definitely be returning when im back out again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bremen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have already stayed twice in Dux and both times me and my wife were very happy. They have a very high standard and its located perfectly for shopping and site seeing tours.

The first we were there my wife was pregnant and when we went back this time our son was 3 months old both times we really enjoyable and comfortable for my wife. Baby bed was already in the room as per our request.

The in house restaurant is also very recommendable and even if you prefer too go out for dinner or lunch, there are a few good restaurants right next door.

The roof top view is a must see.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the canal it really is beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mons, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here on the 31st October 13 and I have to say it was fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful and the service was first class. We stayed in room 306 and had a breath taking view of the canal. The room was 5 star and the best hotel room we have ever stayed in. The food in the restaurant was tasty and well priced. We also used the on site parking in the basement and cost € 15 (well worth it). If you want to stay in Roermond; this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Spent one night wanted to stay for a lot longer, I have stayed in many hotels inc 5 star and this was simply the best hotel.
Great food very friendly staff and a fantastic room. I would recommend this hotel and Roermond to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

When you drive around Roermond -- you will see signs for the Hotel Dux all over. There are so many signs that I thought the hotel can't be *that* good... but I was wrong.

Location / Parking: very good. Pretty close to the outlet -- totally walkable (perhaps 10 to 15 minutes from the center of the outlet). I had a car -- so I didn't get to experience the walk. The hotel has parking in the basement. You take a car elevator down to the basement. There is space only for about 6 to 7 cars -- thus, you should reserve a spot when you book your hotel room. It cost 15 euros a night. However, the check in lady mentioned there was free parking a short drive away.

Room: AMAZING. Huge. Spacious. Bed was very good (on the firm side). Bathroom was huge, modern, clean. Ultra comfort is what you get.

Pets: are allowed. I didn't have a pet -- but another room on my floor did. The walls weren't exactly thin -- but I could hear a dog howling every now and then.

Dinner: in the brasserie was pretty good. I wouldn't say mind blowing food -- but okay. My cod & couscous was a little too oily. The crispy fish skin arrived a little soggy. Dessert wasn't that great -- I didn't finish it. I'd give it a B.

Breakfast: had the basics: all kinds of bread, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bacon, super mini muffins, juice, etc. The great thing was I came down at 10am (ending time for breakfast) -- and they didn't rush to keep the food. That's always nice.

All things were amazing (minus the mediocre dinner) -- up until 12:02 pm (check out time). I was zipping up my luggage and the phone rang. The lady asked me when I was checking out and HAD to tell me that they had to clean the rooms. Yeah, I know. Not like I'm trying to take advantage of the hotel. I thought it was a little poor taste to call at 12:02 -- perhaps 12:15 or 12:30 would make a little more sense. When I went down -- there was no one. No one at the 'front desk' -- and no guests waiting for a room. So I didn't understand the need to make a guest feel rushed.

Otherwise, this place is a gem! I would totally stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here with work for 3 nights last november, was FANTASTIC!!! Great room with coffee machine and bar big bathroom and huge bed. Brilliant food and very good helpful staff, Would go again tomorrow!!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Chris B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roermond
Het Arresthuis
Kasteeltje Hattem
Kasteeltje Hattem
#4 of 7 in Roermond
4.5 of 5 stars 71 reviews

Been to Hotel Dux? Share your experiences!