We stayed here five nights with our toddler and enjoyed the stay thoroughly. We had our reservations due to some reviews (e.g., 'drifters'), as well as the unusual decor. What we thought:
- Location was outstanding. Steps from market square and had convenient parking at the mall nearby. In terms of the 'drifters' - they were the same folks who would wander in the more upscale Vrithof square. Maastricht felt like a nice European town not overrun by tourists. And it wont be the Netherlands without the bong shops. We felt safe throughout our stay.
- Facilities were better than expected. Rooms were nice but on the basic side - no A/C so that is something to consider if you're visiting during the summer months. Bathroom not so nice with a strangely situated ledge/mirror. That said, they tried to make the most out of the space. The dining room and lounge were fine. I do agree with others, they can rethink that giant horse in the lobby.
- Very good service. Where they lacked in facilities, they made up for in service. We needed a minibar to store our toddler's milk. Since there were no minibars in the room, the front desk were gracious and tireless in storing our milk at a big fridge behind reception. Housekeeping was thorough. Reception was efficiently staffed - e.g., the person checking you in also keeps the lobby tidy. So pls dont expect a doorman and valet.
Aside from the above, it did have nice touches such as the Limburg pie in the afternoon and a comprehensive breakfast. Again, dont expect a chef making you a special omelet on command. It is a buffet and had a lot of options from fruits to cereal to cold cuts to hard boiled and scrambled eggs. I liked the coffee machine that did lattes and espresso.
Overall, we think it was a thoughtfully appointed hotel that managed to constraints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mabi City Centre is situated in the historical part of the city, in a building where the Cinema Maastricht offered its services. The theme of this unique hotel is therefore, Film. The hotel wants to revive and preserve its nostalgic past by offering its own cinema. Furthermore, the hotel offers a library, a salon and free Wi-Fi. The design of the rooms is contemporary, with warm colors and big windows. The theme Film is also present in the rooms in the form of large posters from classical blockbusters and of course Oscar winners. Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, luxury bedding, modern bathrooms and free Wi-Fi access. The hotel is ideally located on a quiet courtyard in the center of Maastricht, which will guarantee a good night's sleep. In the Salon you can enjoy your day with a cup of fresh coffee or tea accompanied with a piece of delicious local pie, while reading a magazine or book. In addition, Mabi City Centre offers in the afternoons an aperitif with a glass of wine and olives and in the mornings a tasty breakfast buffet is served. The reception is at your disposal 24/7 and will gladly help you to find your way in Maastricht. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Mabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.