“Amazing.”

Ranked #1 of 411 Restaurants in Maastricht
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the magnificent Jekerdal valley, just on the Belgian border, is Chateau Neercanne. The beautiful Baroque gardens of the 17th century castle are divided over four levels, all of them UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The highest terrace offers a wonderful view over of the gardens and the magnificent valley. Chateau Neercanne has a rich cultural and culinary tradition. Treat yourself to dinner at the a la carte Restaurant Chateau Neercanne. Our attractive marl-built function rooms are ideal locations for parties, receptions and meetings. The unique wine cellars in the marl caves form an unparalleled setting for a wine-tasting session or for enjoying an aperitif.
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Amazing.”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

From the beautiful terrace, where we had apertifs, so the amazing wine and food pairings, to some of the best wait staff I've seen in Europe, the experience was worth every penny. Must do in Maastricht.

• Visited May 2014

Paris, France
“Visit every year once, always a grand experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This idyllically set chateau is a gem in the Maastricht area. Every year I take my mum here for mother's day or her birthday for a long luncheon. It is such a historic setting and when you set food on the grounds, one can imagine Napoleon dining here a long time ago.
The service is extraordinary. I am always impressed with the waiters who are fluent in French, English, German, Dutch and Maastricht Dialect. As for the food, it's french cuisine as one would suspect and although it is very classic, it always surprises with a little twist. The wine selection is also superb, and the wine arrangements also haven't disappointed me.
Definitely go for a after lunch in the surrounding vineyards ( the only ones to be found in the Netherlands.

• Visited May 2014
ADELAIDE
“Well balanced Old world setting & new world fusion food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The dinner EXPERIENCE at Chateau Neercanne was a well balanced stimulation of the senses. Started with the pre dinner drinks in the wine cellar (where you can leave your mark on the sandstone walls!). We were then invited to the main dining area. Our sommelier Dominique made the evening extra special. He was passionate about the wines and the food served. All in its a special dining experience ( and yes it's not cheap, yet we would do it again). Maastricht is a real foodie haven! So many choices and so little time. Would put Chateau Neercanne on the top of our list.

Visited May 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
“Neercanne is Near Best”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Visiting Maastricht, we happened to be driving around when I logged onto my handy trip advisor site and noticed Neercanne. We went on the off chance they would have a table for us, which they did.
I normally write longish reviews for tripadvisor, but because the experience was so special and SO delicious, I think it better to let readers just go their to see for themselves.
Eaters beware: we may have been lucky to have gotten a table for lunch, but when we tried to book for dinner for any of the next three nights, we were told they are booked solid for dinner of the next three weeks. Book early -- and enjoy!

• Visited April 2014
Croydon,
“A Beautiful and Special Place...”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was lucky enough to be taken to Chateau Neercanne as a surprise by my then boyfriend...
We got a taxi (20Euros from Maastricht- we stayed at Hotel Mabi... another great place). We pulled up to this stunning and impressive building and were welcomed with a glass of champagne on the terrace looking over the beautiful gardens.

Every single morsel of food that we were given was fantastic and truly delicious. The staff were fantastic and welcoming. They were clearly passionate and enthusiastic about the venue and its food. This place was a real treat for us and we were scared it may be a little intimidating but it was far from it- a warm and welcome feel.

The highlight of the whole evening for me was the unique wine cellar.... We were allowed to explore this beautiful place on our own where the staff had help arrange a very special surprise for me with a glass of bubbly my boyfriend proposed. The staff were amazing and spent time to talk and celebrate with us... A real personal touch. Unfortunately we did not get the Maitre D's name, but he was so attentive, warming and just lovely that he made an amazing evening all the more special!

I can not express how lovely it is!

A special place, where I hope to return again and again x

• Visited April 2014