Hotel Zenden
Hotel St. Martenslane(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$217
$378
$356
Novotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$263
$251
  • Pool
$259
Amrath Hotel DuCasque(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$346
$346
NH Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$180
$154
  • Restaurant
Townhouse Hotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$176
  • Bar/Lounge
Designhotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$302
$287
$283
$275
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswimming poolstudio roomaround the cornergreat locationthe riverurban roomtop floorsmall kitchenshopping triphanging spaceminute walknice bedseparate buildingstayed for one nightrestaurants and barsquiet streetunderground parking
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Super hotel, Really well priced. Great location. Very simple, white design interior and if that's your thing then you will love this hotel. Excellent beds. Good but fairly simple breakfast. Super for a few days Maastricht (the overdose of white would get to me after a while).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Martijn Z, Manager at Hotel Zenden, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear StephenGeven,

We wanted to say thank you for your visit and kind words. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back and we look forward to it.

Team Hotel Zenden

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed with my partner at the hotel in early November 2012 in one of the suites in the separate building. The location of the hotel is great and allows for easy exploring of the Maastricht area. The staff was also very helpful - we had issues with our TV which where resolved that very evening.
The room came with everything we required, including a Nespresso machine which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Null815,

Your feedback was a delightful read and we thank you for it.
I am glad we could have helped you to resolve the issues with the TV quickly.

Thank you and come back soon!

Team Hotel Zenden

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a very friendly welcome at the Hotel Zenden where we only stayed for one night. We wish it could have been longer. Our room, Nana, was fantastic-on two levels. Everything worked fine and even though it was hot outside the cross ventilation kept us cool. We enjoyed a swim in the pool-magical! The breakfast buffet looked good though we didn't eat there. The hotel has an excellent central location. Our stay finished with a very warm good-bye. We will be back!
One warning: anyone with mobility problems should be aware that as nice as the hotel is there are a lot of very steep stairs with no elevator.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Martijn Z, Manager at Hotel Zenden, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear JaniceAnne95,

Thank you for the review. We’re thrilled our hotel exceeds your expectations! – we’ll pass along your compliments to our team. We are aware that for not so mobile guests the stairs might be too much of an effort, but there's always the possibility for a ground floor studio. Just contact us and you do not have to walk any stairs. We hope you stay with us again!

@HotelZenden

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room was nice (we stayed in Suite #2 in a seperate building), it was quite "design" which the girlfriend liked and the toiletries etc were l'occitane so that was nice as well. The Wifi didn't work and the reception was closed, so a bit of a pain, but all in all a nice room and hotel. The biggest issue was on checkout. I asked if I coudl leave my bike (had just finished a 500 km cycle race the day before) for 3 hours after checking out, it was 11 AM and the place was empty, I asked if I coudl leave it behind a tree in the courtyard or anywhere else out of the way and they refused with the receptionist saying her boss woudl be angry. Maybe this is their policy, but it left a bad taste with me and I ended up wheeling my racebike around maastricht for 3 hours. It was unnecessary and I was very flexible in just asking to leave it in any convenient place. Like I said, the hotel was nice and the room good value for the money, but this one piece of complete inflexibility was enough to ensure I dont' stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Martijn Z, Manager at Hotel Zenden, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Kyle J,

Many thanks for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We attach a lot of importance to your feedback as it is with this information that we are able to recognize and improve the critical points within our organization.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay. However I would like to extend my apologies for the inconvenience upon checkin out. We are just a very small hotel with limited space. Therefor we do not have the possibility to stall bycicles.
No need to walk with your bike for three hours though; in the city centre there are three, covered, supervised bicycle parks. The one closest to the hotel is the Kesselskade. It´s about one minute walking distance.

I would like to thank you again for your time and do sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

With kind regards

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in a studio room in the Cornerstraat building for 3 nights in June 2013. The hotel is very centrally located; we arrived by train to the Maastricht Central station and the station is about a 10-minute drive from the hotel. Without heavy luggage, it is definitely walkable. The decor of the studio was very modern and minimalist. All the linens were very high quality and the bed was very comfortable (and I think there was some kind of memory foam mattress topper). I also appreciated the L'Occitane products. The price paid for the studio was also a very good value. It was great to have a kitchen in the studio and there is a supermarket (Albert Heijn) nearby, about a 10-minute walk from this building.

However, I did have a few issues with the room. Throughout my entire stay, there was only lukewarm water coming from the overhead shower (but there was hot water coming out of the sink faucet and the handheld shower). Due to the design of the shower stall, whenever the overhead shower is used, water seemed to go all over the floor. Also, there was nowhere in the shower stall to put any bottles (e.g. shampoo, shower gel, etc.), so I had to improvise with a bowl from the kitchen.

In the Cornerstraat building, there are only stairs up to the first and second floor, which are steep and curve around near the top of each set and there is no elevator in the building, so getting a heavy suitcase up (and down) the stairs can be a challenge. Also, housekeeping in the studios is only done every 3 days (not sure if this is available everyday in the regular rooms).

From my research in to Maastricht accommodation options, it looks like most hotels in the area (including Zenden) can be hit or miss, but overall I enjoyed my stay at Zenden and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: There are two separate buildings for the studio apartment units, which are about a 5-minute walk away from each other, so if you are traveling with others and have reserved more than one studio apartment, you should request in advance to be placed in the same building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Wanderluster2,

Thanks very much for your taking some of your time to share your feelings & thoughts on your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to make elevators, because of the monumental status of buildings. But if you call us upfront we can always reserve the ground floor apartment for you so you need climb any stairs.

Our appartments are serviced twice a week. If you require more cleanings you can always ask our housekeeping or alternatively book a room in our hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back personally in Maastricht some day.

Kind regards,