“We loved it”
Review of Hotel De la Bourse

Hotel De la Bourse
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Excellent value for money, definitely one of the best breakfasts we had in 2 weeks, great location, large, pretty and airy room on the first floor overlooking the square, friendly staff, had our own bathroom. We really liked this hotel and would not even consider staying somewhere else if we ever stay in Maastricht again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danie & Hanneli... B

Reviewed August 17, 2010

We booked this hotel for the nights of 13th and 14th August. The hotel staff were very friendly and checked us in - I was given a map of the area etc.
My wife went up to the room on the top floor, while I finished checking in. I then went up to the room (Room 28, I think). Going up the stairs there was a strange smell which got stronger the higher I climbed. I walked into the room to find my wife trying to open the roof window with a pole. This was the serviceable window in the room. The strange smell was very strong in the room. I immediately decided because of the smell AND the lack of windows (it was like being in a prison cell) that I was not staying in that room.
I must emphasize that we travel widely and frequently and are extremely easy to please - we usually look for 2/3 star hotels that provide a CLEAN bed & washing facilities. That is our only requirement - if a hotel has other amenities or is plush we take it, but it is not important to us.
I went downstairs to be told that there were no other rooms available. I explained that I could not stay in the room and I was offered an immediate refund, with a smile.
I must commend the staff for treating us as they did. In many establishments I am sure that the fact that I had booked through another company (booking.com) some weeks previously would have caused some issues getting a refund.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel the last two years, and have booked a room for July 2010. I travel to Maastricht for the Andre Rieu concerts. The hotel is a ten minute walk to the Vrijthof where the concerts are held, and right outside is a square where farmers' markets and art markets are held n the summer. The river is two blocks away
The first year my room had a very narrow bed, so when I booked for 2009 I asked for and got a larger room. The staff is incredibly friendly and they'll do their best to help, but they also work the bar and restaurant, so at times you have to wait to get attention.
The breakfast is okay. I've seen better, but no complaints from me. The coffee is the best I've tasted in Europe.
There is a private entrance for after-hours entry. There are tables set up outdoors for the bar and restaurant patrons. I've not seen or experienced any rowdiness, and feel safe and secure at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank JSOfan
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I got this hotel at a cheap rate so I wasn't expecting it to be wonderful - and sure enough, it wasn't. It's no frills accommodation. My room was tiny with a narrow single bed. The buffet breakfast was okay but unremarkable, and the staff member I met briefly whilst checking in (and out) was pleasant enough. The main plus point is the hotel's location overlooking Markt, one of Maastricht's two main squares, and thus convenient for everything in the city centre (though not for the railway station if you have a late arrival or early departure). If your room is at the front of the hotel (as mine was) you'll get a balcony overlooking the square, which must be a real joy in summer. Other reviewers mention noise as a problem; I didn't hear any noise, but I was staying on a wet Tuesday night in February; I imagine it might be more of a problem at weekends and in the summer - or perhaps I was just lucky. Overall this hotel is alright if you're on a budget, but for a few euros more you might be able to get something far better elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2008

a party of 35 people has just stayed at the hotel we could not fault it staff very helpfull in all aspects rooms were clean /comfortable maid sevice every day breakfast was plentifull hot/cold buffet central for shopping bar/s etc first class stay no complaints would stay again d barber warrington england 06/11/08 five star travel group

Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank tropicalpark
Reviewed May 27, 2007

Hotel is located pefectly,the only positive thing ( our opnion) we had room nr. 27 on the 4th floor, terrible ! Warm weather, no airco, only one small window could be opened, with the very close vieuw to another roof :( and a very loud pipe from probably the cooker hood wich stayed on all night.
The room was very basic and the bathroom door was an accordian screen . For man not possible to go to the toilet without having to sit. Nails coming out the wooden beam next to your head while laying in bed. Breakfast was very basic .
After one night we asked for another room for the next night, they said no problem , we had to take our luggage, which was no problem for us , we only had 2 small bags and had to work all day. But...when we came back at night, app. 21.00, there was no room for us !!
They offered us very friendly to find us another hotel, but we deceided to go home and after a 2 1/2 our drive we were happy to hit the hay in our own comfotable bed :)

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank wilmaNetherlands
Reviewed April 19, 2007

This was a wonderful little hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is in an excellent location facing the market square.Restaurants, clubs, shops and local points of interest were all within walking distance. As a woman travelling alone I felt safe and secure at all times.

These positive factors out weighed any of the negatives mentioned in other reviews.

Stayed: April 2007