“Incredible architecture, top notch service”

Kruisherenhotel Maastricht
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I won't repeat what other reviewers have already said about the building design and decor. It is all incredible. What I would like to add is the level of service we received from the front desk. This hotel probably had the best service of any I have ever stayed at. They arranged for car services, dining reservations, shipping packages and never missed a beat with anything we requested of them. One night we even sheepishly asked for a dinner reservation for 7 people at 8:30 at one of the busiest restaurants in town- at 8:00. Five minutes later, it was done and we had our table. That's impressive! We also had dinner at their sister property Chateau Neercanne one night which was a special treat enjoyed by all.

We stayed in the building out back, and found it very comfortable and quiet. It even had heated bathroom floors and a built in pants presser. The closet space was small, but they offered to bring in an extra rack, so no complaints there. The room was very well equipped with a hair dryer, extra pillows, and room safe. The location was convenient to the beautiful old church, shopping and restaurants. If I'm ever lucky enough to visit Maastricht again, I'll definitely be staying here! I highly recommend this property.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey K

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a hotel that you should not miss. It is the most expensive in the area but how many times you will have the chance to stay in Maastricht? Go for it and you will have a lot of memories to remember and talk about this old monastery turned to a hotel in Holland.
Will not review further as all the other positive reviews depict the proper image of this elegant hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2014

For the lovers of art, design and history... you are in for a treat!!!
We stayed in a suite and were increibdily impressed with the hotel, inside and out. I became completely obsessed with the interior design of this stunning hotel built in an old church.

However, if you're after a room with a view, then this hotel isn't for you.

Have a drink at the bar, but don't dine at the restaurant, best to go elsewhere, food and service was poor.

We had breakfast in bed, and unfortunately the variety, presentation and quality was very poor.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Meladdy2012
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a very charming place right in the historical center of Maastricht. A unique building - old church and couvent. Style kept, giving a unique experience. Very romantic. The entrance in copper is great. The lightening in the chirch great. The restaurant is good no more.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank noeldeburlin
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Nothing to declare except perfection! Location is convenient (with valet parking if you want), the concept is just amazing and the staff is helpful and friendly. Worth e price for a special occasion. Breakfast is more a brunch and you'll find anything you need. The rooms are incredible and the beds perfect. We even bought the pillows. Just amazing.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aliaslili
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We've been there with my boyfriend for my Birthday. In general impressions about this hotel are just wonderful! I would recommend everybody to stay there, because atmosphere is very very cosy. They integrate modern interior to this this gorgeous old cathedral just perfectly! (if to be honest I'm not the fan of "old stones", but here they don't make a pressure (if you understand what I mean =) and what is very important for me as well - there is no smell of old building)

Our room was in small separated building (I think there were only 2 or 3 rooms in this building), windows faced on two sides: courtyard and street. And facing the street, which was very loud (even with small number of cars passing by) is the reason why i would give only 4 stars to this hotel and only 3 for sleeping quality. Soundproof could be done much better even in historical building.

Restaurant. I just can say: "It is something you "must visit"! Menu is interesting and unusual". Atmosphere is wonderful!

Breakfast! That was one of the best hotel breakfast I've ever had! From the 1st view it looks small, but it has huge variety of dishes! We enjoyed it very much!

At the day we were leaving it was my Birthday, and when we were checking out, receptionist presented me very nice and tasty cake. Which was very sweet to do from their side!

Location - you are in historical center, so everything is very close by.

So, my conclusion is: if you are in Maastricht - stay in this hotel, because it's really something special =)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, back in March 2012 (sorry I'm late putting the review up) for my wife's 40th. The hotel is very unique and the old building and new decor inside is such a contrast, and actually works very well indeed. A lot of thought has gone in to every single piece of detail and it's just wonderful looking around the hotel and all it's quirky features. The staff were very helpful, the room was very clean. Some might say it's expensive, but it's well worth the money to stay somewhere with such character.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple