Tripadvisor

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Lovely nice restaurant with a nice and calm atmosphere. The food was nice and surprising. Friendly staff as well

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (154)

Reviewed October 5, 2019 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came to this place because a friend recommended it to us. What really impressed me the most is it's quiet atmosphere in contrast with the busy streets of Maastricht City center during the weekend. The food was great, very balanced tastes. Even the most simple lentils soup was nicely prepared with a good choice of spices. Also service was excellent, I think that those guys are really trying to improve after the negative reviews they got on trip advisor. Very nicely done!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 26, 2019

I absolutely adore this restaurant! Great food and absolutely unbeatable atmosphere (in summer - dine outside in the garden). Would recommend to everybody who like middle-eastern food.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019

I was very excited to this restaurant which was reccommended by a friend. The food was very good, however the service was poor. We arrived aroun 8.30pm and it started to be dark, and we were left in the complete dark in the garden. They offered us a tiny candle and we ate the first half of the dinner with the phone light pointed on the table. When we were finally moved inside, it took over an hour to bring us food. Staff was completely ignoring us and did not even come and apologize for the delay - or not even to reassure the food was on its way. When I questioned if everything was ok (wondering if they had forgotten about the order) the staff lady responded surprised as if everything was completely normal. I have been in several restaurants and I must say I enver waited so long to be served, in particular without apologies. At the end of the dinner we were not even offered a discount. We will definitely not go again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Marreskitchen98, Manager at Marres Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

I am sorry to her That

Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

Marres serves delicious food for all meals, don’t miss this restaurant. With a Middle Eastern theme we had falafel, hummus and bread for lunch. Our dinner choice was a Afghani meal of lamb & rice and another meal of duck served with pomegranate followed by a dessert of lemon tart. We sat in a charming courtyard surrounded by trees and garden. Only 5 minutes walk from Vrijthof square, it’s away from the crowds.

Date of visit: August 2019