“Tasty food by the old bridge”
Review of Cafe Servaas

Cafe Servaas
Reserve with
Cafe Servaas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 432 Restaurants in Maastricht
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The outdoor seats by the river were very enjoyable. The burger was very good and quite filling. Located between the city center and the main station, the restaurant is not to be missed.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This café boasts some atmosphere to compliment its fine food. If you are looking for elegance go elsewhere, but if you want friendly service and excellent food this is your place. You will get to know your dinner neighbors but that is part of the experience here. On nice days there are outside tables on both sides of the street.

I highly recommend the pork chop, served with sautéed vegetables (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) while my wife has tried all their salads. While I do not drink, there is a robust wine selection. It is a regular visit for us.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

When we went back very hungry in the direction of the station, after the Servaas bridge we stumbled on this restaurant. It turned out to be a very pleasant experience: very welcoming service, wonderful view on the Servaas bridge and delicious food: a beef stew with Koninck beer and a stew with sea food. I took one of the interesting beers on draught (like La Chouffe and Jopen), my choice was the Dutch Trappist La Trappe Double, great. As a surprise we got a very tasteful amuse: pastinak with apple. For sure we will return to this hidden gem!

1  Thank Neuteboom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Spending copious amounts of my life traveling, living in hotels etc. It is always a pleasure to find somewhere where you get that local feeling. Like you have always drunk and ate there.
That is how the staff at Servaas make you feel... At home.
The food is incredible, well priced and proportioned. The panoramic view of the city from inside is only bettered by the multitude of riverside tables outside.
Unfortunately I won't be in Maastricht again for a while, but when I am this will be one of my first stops.

1  Thank RonanMac
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Normally we post about our travel experiences abroad. This time closer to home, in Maastricht. Why? I have been going here for years, and finally the place is worth highlighting to others here on Tripadvisor. The new young and energetic Belgian owner makes you feel at home, combining a laidback atmosphere with a fine selection of special beers and wines. The latter nicely displayed on a wall, good quality stuff served way under normal restaurant prices. The food choices are versatile, and the chefs like to experiment instead of just serving the usual local fare. Menu changes regularly. I go there for a chat and a beer if am alone or if I want to have dinner with friends and a good glass wine. Last time we had the venison steak with a bottle of Valpolicella Ripasso, wine was recommended by the owner. Excellent choice. No wonder we keep going back.

2  Thank GlobetoddlerRTW