“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Delicious Indian food, cosy little restaurant. The service is a bit slow at times, but the hospitality and the food make up for it. Reservations recommended, especially on Saturday evening.

There are newer reviews for Spice of India

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I think the quality is not so bad. Although there are only 2 Indian restaurant in Maastricht so difficult to compare. The problem is i have to wait for more than 30 minute between Tandaori chiken and 2nd main dish curry. I asked the waitress who very openly explained there is only 1 chef today who is absolutely delaying to all tables. In any case, this is more than 3 month ago so i hope they have over come this problem and improved the service.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Being English and growing up close to Birmingham UK, one gets rather spoilt with the choice and quality of Indian cuisine when we have almost 300 restaurants in and around Birmingham City.
So when my family and I moved to Maastricht, my disappointment was high when I realised that Dutch people are not huge fans of Indian food, but mor of Indonesian style food. so my search began.....
I have found a few within a 20 miles drive of our home, but have always found the quality of the dishes to be way below par for my highly tuned curry taste buds!!!!!!
So after some research, I came across the Spice of India, just a short walk from the the Vrijhof the main square in Maastricht).
The owner is a very nice guy and is always very welcoming you through the door even when you walk in without a reservation and the place is full.
Its only a small team which includes his wife, a local Uni Student and the chefs.
There is and extensive menu and so far every dish I have tried has ben excellent and you can ask for mild medium or as hot as you like.
give it a try as it is the best in the region so far and I have tried 10 so far.....

2  Thank Simon H
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is one of the best Indian restaurants, if not THE best Indian restaurant I have ever been to. As an English man, I've seen my good share of Indians but the consistent flavours of the dishes and the friendliness of Shamim (the owner) top this in terms of experience. The decoration inside is basic but wether intentional or not, helps you focus on the food.

1  Thank Mohamster
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The restaurant is little bit anonymous outside. Few simple table inside and very simple organization. But If you love good spicy food, this is a good place.
We were 4 people and we decided to take a 4-person tasty menù. We pay 98€ all together. We can decided how "spicy" and meat or vegetarian version.
Genuine food, very good prices, located in the heart of the city. The only flaw, the restaurant was full and we have to wait a little bit. I'm not duch, but they speak a very good english.

2  Thank mer1nga