Haas op het Vrijthof
Novotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Pool
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

Amrath Hotel DuCasque(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$107
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

$114
$104
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Hotel les Charmes(Maastricht)
Hotel Dis(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$97
$92
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

Townhouse Hotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

NH Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Buitenplaats Vaeshartelt(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$76
$74
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$206
  • Restaurant
All reviewssuperior suitelounge roomgreat breakfast in the morningsmall hotelrestaurants and shopsoverlooking the squarevisiting maastrichtseparate toilethome away from hometrain stationandre rieu concertscentre of townluggageapartmentcomprisinglinenseuros
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent four nights in this hotel, having ordered their patio room with breakfast. The price was not high, and the hotel was at the cenre of the old town. The positive experience started when one of the owners called me right before check in time and asked if I had trouble finding the way. Once there I was cordially welcomed in, given all necessary info and asked when I wanted my breakfast served. Lovely. Then the room: Big, airy, good aircondition with no noise (it was 24 to 26 degrees C outside during my stay). Simple, but tasteful decor, The best bed I have ever had in a hotel, my own patio, kitchen with washing machine, cofee machine, fridge, combined micro, grill and convector owen, great breakfast served by one of the lovely hosts at the appointed time and a convenience store right down the street. They rented me a bike, so I could go all over town in my free time. Lots of restaurants and bars just a step away. but no noise to disturb me. The curch bells were there, as this is the middle of the old town, but did not bother me. Maastricht was a pleasant surprise and I will use this hotel again, given the opportunity.

Room Tip: If possible, pick one of the rooms with a patio, and order the breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kanons
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the "Comfort Suite" at Haas op het Vrijthol and enjoyed it in every respect. We were visiting for work and holiday and the reliable WIFi service was a definite plus.

The suite was immaculately clean, very comfortable, and convenient to all the major sights in Maastricht. Light, lovely and simple furnishings in the "Danish modern" style make the suite a pleasure to come home to after a day of touring or meetings. Daily housekeeping was excellent allowing us to come back to a spotless room at the end of the day.

The bed was very firm (not hard) and comfortable for our bad backs. The bed was fitted with excellent quality linens, fluffy pillows (three per person, more available on request) and was nicely remade every day. While our bath wasn't as spacious as that of our friends staying on the fourth floor, it was well-equipped and spacious enough for two. Our large, walk-in shower had a rain shower head and a hand-held shower, along with shelving for soaps, shampoos, etc. Water pressure and temperature was excellent and we did not run out of hot water even after two long, back-to-back showers. Bath linens were nice and spotless, if not particularly luxurious and were replaced daily.

The kitchenette was very well-equipped for simple meals, with glasses, cups/saucers, bowls, plates, demitasse, flatware and serving dishes for 4 persons. The Nespresso machine was a great addition for coffee with breakfast or after dinner. A round kitchen table, again suitable for 4 people was perfectly placed for our morning meals and another table for 4 was available on the patio for coffee or wine in the open air. We were entertaining a small group of friends and needed some paring knives which were promptly provided. The dishwasher was handy and is loaded by the housekeeping staff if you leave the dirty dishes out. In fact, we discovered our first day that any request for items or information was immediately and happily addressed by Catharina, Rik, or their excellent support staff.

Our suite included a spacious sitting area with a large couch, 2 chairs, a flat-screen TV with multiple English-language channels, and a few occasional tables. We were able to comfortably entertain our 4 guests for cocktails/snacks with no problems!

While the room was perfect for our needs, the staff at Haas earn the hotel a five-star rating. We travel often and find that friendly, helpful, and welcoming staff do make a big difference even when the room is lovely. Catharina & Rik seemed to be the hotel proprietors (I didn't ask) and they are available and anxious to help every guest. Catharina provided suggestions, directions, made restaurant reservations, and generally took care of the four of us with energy and enthusiasm.

We had colleagues staying on the fourth floor suite/apartment and the views from their room were spectacular. Previous reviewers mentioned the elevator being problematic but we experienced no problems in our daily treks upstairs. The elevator is small, but comfortably fits 2 people and quite a bit of luggage.

We took breakfast in our room every morning and it was well worth the 15 Euro price. Our meals included fresh yogurt, mueslix with nuts & fruit, hard-boiled egg, meat, cheeses, nuts, orange juice, and a variety of croissants, multi-grain rolls, and pastries. Our last day we were treated to some of the most delicious lox/salmon I have ever tasted! We had so much food we actually used the leftovers as snacks with our evening cocktails. If you enjoy a nice breakfast, delivered at your preferred time in the comfort of your room (at no additional charge) you will be pleased.

As you can tell from this lengthy review, we would not hesitate to recommend Haas op het Vrijthof to anyone traveling to Maastricht.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CarolJL1
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed for a weekend @ Haas op het Vrijthof.
First of all the location is perfect, the appartment was clean and looked nice (but no design interior), with a view over het Vrijthof. The personnel was helpful and friendly. A free parking place was provided!
After reading all the raving reviews we probably had too high expectations. For a price of €340 (excl.breakfast) per night for 4 persons, you expect something high end. This was unfortunately not the case.
The pillows were too thin and no extra pillows in the appartment, had to ask the next day after a rough night.
The kitchen was equipped a bit minimally, e.g. no 4 wine glasses, salt was empty, no bowls.
Shower did not have a curtain, and ran out of hot water after 3 showers

For this price you might expect something comfortable and luxurious. We thought the price was too high for a nice looking appartment with a view.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank ridkfromholland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We just stayed the second time in the Haas op het Vrijthof, On our first stay my husband and I rented the smallest suite and were already very glad with our choice but this time we reserved the two biggest suites as we were 4 adults and 2 small children. The suites are absolutely amazing - I could just straight move in to live there! The design furniture is picked with excellent taste and the few wunderful pieces in these spacious rooms give you a feeling of real luxery yet you feel at home.

I was especially fond of having your own fully equiped kitchen in all the suites - I used to travel a lot for work and always missed the opportunity of being able to prepare my own meals or store something light in a fridge but instead being forced to go to restaurants every night to grab some food. So I can only recommend the Haas for everyone staying in Maastricht for a business trip!

Not to mention the hosts of the Haas: As I said, we were there with my family and I must admit wer were a bit complicated - one person fell ill on the very last minutre and couldn't join; we had reserved three private parking spaces and in the end only used one; we had planned breakfast all together in one of the suites and changed our plans the very last minute etc - not really the guests that I would wish for :-) But Catharina handled all our requests and changes with a kind smile and her easy friendliness - when we got the bill they hadn't charged us the 5th person who didn't come (now-show fees would be just natural in this case) and they only charged fro the one parking space we finally used. Plus all the restaurant recommendations and reservations they did for us upfront.

Even though Maastricht is just a 1 hour drive from our home and could be easily visited in daytrips the Haas makes it essential for us to stay overnight when in Maastricht. We will for sure return!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ute O
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had the most wonderful stay in this delightful guest house. The design furniture is stunning and our stay was made so comfortable by the beautiful owners. The location was perfectly situated in the centre of the square and we were recommend so many great places to visit and eat by the owners. I can't wait to come back t Maastricht and to Haas op het Vrijthof! Would recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple