“Wow..we'll be back!”

Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Maastricht
Dublin, Ireland
“Wow..we'll be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

WE have just returned to Ireland from a beautiful stay in this hotel. As promised, we were allocated a beautiful quiet room at the back of the building looking down onto a lovely secluded court yard. On our arrival, the owner very kindly printed off a map of the city for us, marking out places of interest. All staff members who we met were very courteous and helpful. Our bedroom, with beautiful high ceilings was immaculately presented. We would have preferred a double bed rather than two singles placed side by side but this was not a major issue for us. Breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room decorated in keeping with the period building. The standard of food prepared was very high and most enjoyable and on our early departure on Wednesday morning we were provided with a 'carry out' breakfast which was left in a refrigerated cool box in reception area for us. We will return to this hotel hopefully next year and would have no problem recommending it to any of our friends. Maastricht is a beautiful city and well worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Italy. After booking through a hotelsite we immediately received an email warning us about the traffic situation around the hotel. Not all parts of Maastricht are easy to reach by car and this is one of them. Still, after following the instructions we were able to reach both hotel and parking without problems. Only complaint would be the inconvenient parking area key system but that's a small thing.
It was our second time here and the impressions of the first time were perfectly applicable. Very nice hotel, friendly atmosphere, clean, well isolated and appointed good rooms with somewhat dated furniture but comfortable beds and a friendly staff which takes service seriously. The town centre is easily reachable by foot. A very good breakfast complements the positive experience.
The price is fair and although Maastricht has its fair share of ok hotels I probably would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rodnet
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We loved the hotel. The room was large & very clean, the bed comfy & the bathroom nicely kitted out. The lounge downstairs was decorated in keeping with the old building and was lovely. The owners were also lovely people & very helpful. The location was ideal. 2 minutes walk to the market square, a few more minutes to Vrithof Square, 5 minutes from the river and only 15 minutes walk from the railway station. If you don't want to walk from the station you can get a number 5 bus and just ask them to tell you where to get off! We walked to all the attractions even in to Belgium as it was very easy to get around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank georgygirl55
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just arrived back from a short break staying at this hotel. What a beautiful place it is! We were warmly greeted with all facilities explained to us and a quick guided tour.
Our room was on the 3rd floor but as the hotel has a lift this was no problem. The room was immaculate as was the bathroom. The room had a coffee machine, a well stocked mini-bar fridge (we didn't use this) and satellite TV which had all 3 BBC channels allowing my partner to catch up with the tennis!!
Continental breakfast was served in a lovely well laid out dining room, the tables covered in snowy white table linen with linen napkins.
I cannot list he good point as there are many. Try it, I know that you would like it just as much!!

• Stayed June 2013
Kalmthout, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel itself looked nice enough and the location was very good. Staff were friendly though you couldn't always tell who was staff and who was a guest as they wore no identifiers. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. The room I stayed in was decently sized and at the back of the building so I didn't have any noise from the street. I did however have a great deal of noise from the other guest on my floor. The walls are very thin, you could at times follow the conversation going on in the next room and hear which tv programme they were watching. Unfortunately, I could also hear the couple in the room furthest from mine having sex two nights in a row. Since the bed and pillow were very hard I was already having a hard time falling asleep but the noise didn't help. The light coming into the room from the small window by the fire escape was also annoying, the other window did have curtains. On top of that the remote of the old fashoined tv didn't work, only 3 tv channels were available because the satelite receiver didn't work (picture but no sound). On the plus side the wifi did work at a decent speed. All in all I would not staybat this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The rooms were immaculate. The staff was extremely helpful. The breakfast was amazing. It was a wonderful place.

The only advice, however, is take a taxi from the train station. If you don't know where you are going it is a long walk and the streets are cobblestone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marc S
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights in July 2012.

The hotel is really quite stunning in the public spaces. You enter through a gate, then use a code to enter the Hotel proper.
Adorned with a quite beautiful breakfast area and lobby, we were quite impressed overall.
Elevator to our very clean room was convenient.
Staff were nice enough, although I don't particularly like to feel guilty about my driving/parking. It's a very odd parking situation in that part of the street is closed to vehicles at certain times of the day. I tried to find a place in one of the alleys behind the hotel--but to no avail, so I drove to another part of town and found a paid parking spot.
I am a very good, rather fearless driver, so driving around Maastricht didn't bother me. However, I wish I'd have known by some email communication that it would be tricky. Maybe it's my fault in that I overlooked something in my email confirmation--in which case the Hotel cannot be blamed. This was the only hotel where the Sat Nav simply couldn't find it's location, and I believe I may have been notified about that ahead of time. I will not give a lower rating because it is probably my own fault for not inquiring or reading thoroughly.
The location is adequate. I noticed other hotels in more appealing areas of Maastricht which I would consider the next time I visit this beautiful city.
Breakfast was the best we had in our 14 days traveling through The Netherlands. Huge amounts of everything that one would want---and that special, rich, Dutch coffee that we loved!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple