Apart Hotel Randwyck
Novotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$263
$251
  • Pool
Hotel St. Martenslane(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$217
NH Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$180
$154
$378
$356
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Amrath Hotel DuCasque(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$346
$346
Townhouse Hotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$176
$153
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationclean hotelcity centrereception staffaparthotelprosecco
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I booked for three nights. Our card was debited as soon as we arrived, no explanation offered, although on paper we had an option to pay when we checked out. Our room was rather drab and uninspiring for the price (Euro 140 per night for first two nights). Tiny TV on wall-bracket, showed only Dutch TV channels, no international ones. Domestic fridge in entrance vestibule (not switched on) passed as a mini-bar, stocked with two bottles of water and two tins of warm cola. No air-conditioning in room. Bathrobe for one person only. No shower cap (issued at the desk at my wife's request).

Lighting was quite inadequate. Bedside lamps fitted with upward-facing reflector spots that shed weak light on ceiling but rendered bedside reading impossible. Other lights were dim economy-style jobs, this contributed to gloomy ambience.

The room was of a good size, as was the 'wet-room' with decent walk-in shower.

The safe provided was mounted on the top shelf of the fitted wardrobe, not at all accessible by my wife who is 5'4" tall. I could put stuff in it, but couldn't see it after doing so, and had to swish around blindly with my hand to recover items that weren't visible. I'm 5'6" (average height).

Decor on the ground floor and lobby was OK but reception, bar and breakfast lounge rather cramped together. On the second floor anyone leaving the lift could be startled to encounter a huge life-sized resin statue of Jesus (Sacred Heart) with mournful expression and hand raised in blessing. Goodness knows what possessed the manager to install this on a landing, the receptionist said it scared some guests.

The Hotel offers limited free on-street parking. When all free places are full the hotel compound offers secure parking at Euro 8 per night. We didn't take meals, but the hotel offers a decent bottle of wine at Euro 9.45.

The hotel is on the commercial side of the river, well-served by buses to the centre, and by the train from a station no more than 150 metres away. Again, very sterile and - at night - rather intimidating. But it's very quiet too, no traffic noise at all.

Service was a bit off-hand and brusque, although the night-receptionist was friendly and obliging. We wouldn't pay such prices again for what's offered, not really value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pgoble6
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night. We were in the luxury family apartment which was very big and and very beautiful - probably one of their best rooms.
It was very clean, had a nice and simple but elegant decor.
The reception staff was average and breakfast the next day was quite good with a decent choice of cold cuts, cheeses, jam, waffles and pastries and breads.

Since we were on visit as tourists with our main interests being the center, Hotel Randwyck was a bit far from the center.

Overall we enjoyed our stay very much, though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I would call this an average hotel (despite the 4 *). I booked the hotel through an auction for 2 nights. It seemed cheap, however when checking in it cost me another 92 euros (parking, breakfast and tourist tax - all 2 persons). That made it still quite reasonable, but there are better options in Maastricht.

On the other hand: The hotel looks nice and the desk personnel was very helpful. The rooms were average, with a coffee maker, regrigarator and room safe. The TV though is very, small ( but HD quality). The bathroom looks nice but needs some renovation (we had room 252). The beds and decks are wonderful, I and my wife slept great.

Breakfast is average, nothing special. There is not really a bar, but the hotel has a facility to serve you all kinds of sodas and many (Belgian and Limburgs) biers.

Room Tip: The hotel is okay, but nothing special. It is located right across the railway station Randwyck. On the other hand, when the weather is nice, the wlak to downtown Maastricht is easy going (take Bloemenweg up till the end, cross the street to the right and continue. You will end up the circle line around Maastricht. Cross and take the tall walking/cycling bridge (Hang brug). Across the street is OLV plein.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you are in Maastricht for the conference center - then this hotel is perfect. It's just 1 minute walk to the conference center (MECC) and to the train station.
The room was big but not very clean. Small TV, average beds. Breakfast buffet was fine and hotel staff were friendly and speak good English.
The hotel is not close to the city center or to any stores or shopping center, but is serviced by frequent public transport.
Only come here if you need the conference center.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel looks nice at first. My first bad experience came when dealing with their staff. At first I thought it was a cultural issue but then I noticed the only people treating me bad in the netherlands are the people working at this hotel. I left a key for a bycicle for one of my travel companions in the front desk, when he went to pick it up, they said they didn't have it. When I went for it, they told me they couldn't get it because it was either in the safe (and they didn't have the combination) or in the trash bin because they don't keep things for their guests in the front desk.

I left a used ceramic cup on my nightstand on friday. It's still there (I would've washed it, but I want to see if they'll just leave it there untill I leave). My sheets have holes in them and it's had the same hole since last week, so apparently they're not changing the sheets. I have reason to believe the towels aren't being changed either.

I wanted to have breakfast one morning... when they saw me eating they YELLED at me "you don't have breakfast included!!". I asked them to charge it to my room and their answer was: "No, you pay upfront" (by the way, their breakfast was 14 euro... a bit too expensive if you ask me).

The internet connection was practically non existant. When you managed to get a signal (a task only achievable by staying near the front desk), you had to do so at 3:00am - 6:00am, because if too many people were connected they overloaded the network, so no pages would load.

I bought some food for my room and asked them if I could borrow a fork and knife. Their answer? "No, you might steal it".

Finally, I travelled with a big group and me and my male roomate asked for a room with separate beds. What they did was put us in a room with a matrimonial bed. When we complained about it, their answer was: "Ask some girls if they'll switch rooms with you, girls don't mind sleeping together".

Room service was literally non existant.

Sound like a four star hotel? Hopefully you will never have to go through the frustrating, miserable experience of staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business