NH Maastricht
Novotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$92
Novotel
  • Pool
Amrath Hotel DuCasque(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$88
$121
$111
  • Restaurant
Townhouse Hotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$70
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
1,427 results
All reviewscity centrethe congressrent bikesnice hotelbusiness tripfree wifiandre rieubreakfast buffettrain stationreception staffroom was spaciousby footpleasant staymini barold townmeccconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I spent 4 nights at the NH Maastricht for a conference at the MECC. By far the location is one of the biggest problems I had, which is partially due to the conference organizers. The rooms are OK but too similar to most average US chain hotels, think Comfort Suites. The service was poor. Our first morning we went down to breakfast and I asked how much it was. It was buffet only and the hostess asked my room number. She said breakfast was included. After that, some other colleagues said breakfast wasn't included so the next morning we went down again and I asked specifically if breakfast was additional to the room rate and the hostess again said no, it was included. I and my colleague both asked and she said again, it was included.
After this breakfast, I decided to get a copy of my bill to see if it was being charged and it was...19 euro per person per morning! So for 2 people for 2 mornings we were racking up 76 euro for breakfast for some ham and cheese and fruit (almost $100). When we brought it up to the guest services they argued with us. We finally resolved it by having them take off 2 breakfasts and we pay the other 2. I don't mind paying to eat but if I had known it was going to be 19 euro, I wouldn't have gone. I felt they had intentionally misrepresented their policy.
With such a beautiful town and much more interesting hotels, I would not recommend the NH Maastricht.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Treehouse44
Reviewed July 6, 2009

In summary, the room was what you would expect from an NH hotel and the staff friendly and restaurant ok.

My big issue was the gym. It is in their basement so like most business travellers just went in said my room number to the guy on reception and went for a run.

Only on check out did I find that it was 15 euros a visit! It was explained on check out that it was privatley owned but the reception do not advise you of this on arrival and neither does the man who owns the gym.

They claim there are signs on the door of the gym but I did not see them (and to be honest would never look for such things!) so I hope following my complaint this has changed

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank KIRBIN
Reviewed May 2, 2009

I stayed just for 3 days, but the time was enough...this hotel makes all money.The room is very spacious, very clean and very welcoming. The bathroom was clean as well and we have a complimentary set of cosmetics and stuffs in the bathroom. The breakfast was probably the most various and rich i ever saw in all my trips. The location...its bit out of the way...let's say abt 15-20 mins walking to city centre. For nonwalkers, there's a bus stop right in the front of the hotel( u will have to wait some mins between buses).

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2008

The NH Hotel Maastricht is located south of Maastricht adjacent to the MECC convention center and convenient to the University Business School and Medical Center. It is a large institional hotel with substantial business patronage, confortably upscale in the style of larger american chains. The hotel is convenient to the main highway through Maastricht, and is a short walk from the train station. There is parking beneath the hotel: you must get a permit before you try to pull into the garage.

Checkin and checkout is a bit slow: the desk is understaffed and gives priority to fielding telephone calls while guests queue up. Newspapers and sundries are also sold at the desk. There are elevators to the rooms and conference areas: there are two restaurants and a bar on the main floor, and a small fitness facility and public internet station one floor down.

Rooms are comfortable: I took an upgrade to a Superior Room for somewhat nicer decor and in-room coffee and tea facilities. The king bed was nice, and the room had minibar, safe, cable TV (no CNN or Fox), and wireless internet (for a daily fee through Swisscom). The bathroom was clean and well-stocked, and the shower had good hot water and pressure. The hotel is in an area of offices and parks, so street noise was not a problem.

The hotel serves a large breakfast buffet which seems expensive; get it included in the room if possible. The buffet is well stocked with bacon and effs, pastries, yogurt and cereals, fruits and juices, meats and cheeses. There is a separate area for coffee: try to avoid the hours when most people are there as it does get crowded. The staff does an excellent job of keeping things stocked and moving: morning papers are available to read (not take) from a table at the entrance. The restaurants and bars are crowded in the evenings, so, again, pick a time ahead of the rush.

The hotel is several kilometers from the town center, and there are no shops or restaurants in the area. The most convenient way to get into Maastricht is to take the train one hop north to the downtown station: it's about 3.70 euro round trip and drops two blocks from the river at the mains tation.

The NH Maastricht is a solid hotel with comfortable rooms and business amenities. Take time to get into the city for meals and entertainment, avoiding the rush at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DaveH-ExPat
Reviewed September 6, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for one night whilst on a business trip to Maastricht. It is a 10 minute cab ride from the city centre. I stayed in a junior suite (at a cost of €275 per night room only) which was basically a large room with a king size bed and a sofa. The TV was a small box TV (not a flat screen) and the remote was so worn that some of the numbers were missing off the buttons! There was no iron or ironing board in the room (a must have for business travellers arriving late and leaving early). There was no complimentary water either (another must have for business travellers in my opinion) although there was a safe! . There was a good variety of food for breakfast which cost €18. Overall the room was clean albeit a little tired. For €275, the quality wasn't there. There are many good smaller hotels in the city at half the price (which has some excellent restaurants by the way, I would recommend La Courage in the old part of the city.) To sum up, its an average 3 star hotel at best and not one I'd stay in again. There's better to be had in the old part of the city - in fact I spotted a Crowne Plaza which I find are normally consistent quality wise and it was 30 seconds walk (literally) from 6 or 7 excellent restaurants in the cobbled streets of the "old town". I'll probably stay there next time I'm in Maastricht.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business