“Three star hotel”

Select Hotel Apple Park Maastricht
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We knew upfront the hotel catered to business people and was located just a little too far outside of the centre for it too be a quick walk. It worked for us as it was close to the express way and we had planned multiple road trips outside of the city and they had a good deal running at the time.

Overall staff were nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. The decor was basic, slightly cold/distant, and not the most comfortable rooms I 've stayed in. I'd say it really is a three star hotel which was fit for our purpose.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is the letter I sent to the General Manager following my most recent visit:-

I am writing to thank you for the excellent hospitality we enjoyed at the Applepark last weekend, when I came to collect my younger son from University (and take in an Andre Rieu concert as a bonus).

It was particularly kind of you to offer us a free upgrade, not least because it allowed Jon to finish his draft thesis in pleasant and productive surroundings.

The service, food and beverages were all up to your usual high standards and make for a very enjoyable trip, and whilst it is unlikely that we will ever again make three visits in one year, I do hope we will be back to this charming city and your friendly and welcoming hotel before too long.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin G
Reviewed June 20, 2013

we were on a road trip when we decided at the last minute to stop in to this hotel. The staff were all very friendly and professional. The room was good, Not to fancy but needed nothing else really. It was a nice pleasant relaxing stay. Parking is free near the restaurant and there is the option to enter the payed parking area as well. we did not eat there so we have no opinion on that but upon check out we did notice that the restaurant was quite full.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B787skipper
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel is located beside the football stadium. The interior is ok but a bit basic too much steel and concrete. Sadley the bar closes at 11. The breakfast for 15 Euros is was ok but teh sausages and scrambled eggs where awfull.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013

First of all I would like to tell you all that my commentaries here are all true. My partner and I booked one night at Apple Park Golden Tulip in Maastricht via hotel aanbiedingen also known as hotel deal inclusive breakfast. When we arrive at hotel the staff seemed very professional and friendly. The hotel room was reasonable without any luxury. Parking was the first surprise to us because although there is a free parking area nearby, they gave us a hotel parking electronic card and at the time we did our checkout I was informed I need to pay 15 Euros for it besides city tax and service charge in the amount of 11,10 Euros. During breakfast time I was informed we suppose to have our breakfast called express (1 cup of coffee, 1 fruit juice and a mere croissant)! Instead of the “normal” breakfast just because we booked via hotel deal instead of them and they said the website of hotel deal should inform us what category of breakfast we would be entitled. The attitude of the staff was typical , I mean they pretend they understand our position and at the same time mockers us as if we were two demented golden fish. I read other reviews about this hotel but it was too late to cancel our booking. Despite of all that happened I would say Maastricht city is worth visiting, but this hotel has a bad fame for a long time, and what makes a good hotel is a combination of factors, rather than being a new building or having a good location. We feel disrespected and trapped for both hotel and hotel deal website. Avoid it! The city has much better hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NLTraveller50
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel offers a good quality of service as a 3* but definitely not 4*.

- Room are at decent size but has cold dormitory decor.No minibar, No double bed but only 2 twins covered with one big fitted sheet and could be more comfy. The matresses was larger than the boxspring and the bed comes without bed head which makes it really inconvenient to read or watch TV when you are in bed.

- The breafkfast was simple and not so many choice. we had to wait sometime before some stands get refilled.

- Staff helpful and professional.

- Location a bit outside the city and along a highway so not really convenient without a car (there are plenty of parking places) unless you got a bike which we rent over for two days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed only for one night and considering I had pretty basic needs, the hotel was fine. I found the service allright, but nothing special. The room was clean, but a little clinical. It is located just off the highway, so for people driving through looking for an easy spot to crash, this will do. There is paid parking, which irritated me considering this is in an area with lots of space and no need to pay really. However, about 300 meters from the hotel is a parking area that is free and seems safe enough.
Don't think I'll be back though, I think the price is just to high for a budget, roadside style hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business