All reviews vrijthof square andre rieu concert breakfast room glass sliding great location nice hotel enjoyed our stay christmas market modern bathroom good size bars and restaurants around the corner hotel is located first floor short walk yogurt elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

What a lovely place Maastricht is!!! Our stay at this Hotel was a perfect experience. From walking through the front door you enter a lovely old style voyer & we were greated by a friendly receptionist.

Once check in we got shown the lift!!! Wow what an amazing old lift that is it sure was a treat to be in it.

The room is small but we don't need a big room. The bathroom is small but we all works well.

The location is PERFECT just around the corner of Vrijthof with all its charm & a short stroll to Marktplein.

Highly recommended

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Central very good location. Staff pleasant.
Very good standard even if the hotel looks like it has existed quite a few years. Walls and furniture had small chips and stains all over the hotel. Elevator for instance, the wall has lots of scratches.

Super comfy bed but the room was freezing when I came in. First few days in Jan and it looks like the radiator was not on.
Bathroom was tiny. Probably the smallest bathroom I’ve seen that was not in a boat! Still very clean and neat. No glass in the bathroom to rinse your teeth. A socket right above and left of the sink was loose (seems to be a quick fix for someone with superglue). No obvious signs or leaflets showing the WiFi code (come on guys, it’s 2020 - the codes are normally very clearly visible for each hotel guest in other hotels). Spent my stay using my roaming - thankfully my abonnement is within EU so no extra charges for me. But several downloads (refresh standard apps on my iphone) could not be done as they recommended only downloading with wifi. Prior guest baggage tag was still in the room visibly left next to the safe, clearly the cleaner did not clean there....

Breakfast was lovely located with a view over the Vrijthof square. A few bread options but no hard bread - mainly white bread... Can’t actually complain about the breakfast. Neat, some selection of cheese, eggs, bacon, coffee... No apple juice and what I think was meant to be pancakes more felt and tasted like thick egg omelettes - maybe they were meant to be omelettes...One fridge where they would normally store yogurts I think, was completely empty in the middle of the breakfast bar. I arrived to the breakfast one hour after it opened and it was completely empty with people apart from one couple, unlikely they ate all the yogurts and emptied the fridge.... more likely no one refilled the fridge...

All in all, I’d consider staying here again due to it’s cleanness, good standard but mainly due to its location. Felt it too be a bit expensive for what it is.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank louisebR8409ML
Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days. Hotel is in a great location just 1 minutes walk from maastriche square where the Christmas market is held. Staff were helpful and friendly, room was ok but could do with a good clean (hoovering round the edges of the carpet and bathroom fan was blocked up with fluff). The bathroom is an experience. Small with a glass sliding door which doesnt quite close properly so a bit like camping and not for you if you dont want your travel partner to be able to see you sitting on the loo! Also we both constantly banged our elbows on the shower screen due to lack of space. The thing I would definitely say is dont have the breakfast in the hotel. Plenty of bread but when we asked for jam we were told "no". Asked for marmalade and were told "no" same went for ketchup. Bacon was floating in oily water and the egg looked like you could plaster the walls with it and tasted powdered. There are lots of lovely and cheaper places for breakfast very close by. I dont think I have ever had such a bad breakfast offered in a hotel and at €16 each is a rip off. Think it's the position of the hotel that gives it 4 stars.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Traveler45085577707, General Manager at Amrath Hotel DuCasque, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2019

Dear Kath Shone,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value your comments.

We are glad that you liked our hotel location and our helpful and friendly staff! We will share these compliments with our reception!

We are so sorry to hear you are not fully satisfied with our 4 star service.

I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Maastricht!

With kind regards,

Team Amrâth Hotel DuCasque

Reviewed October 12, 2019

The hotel is located in a good spot. It's located opposite Zara. The supermarket is along the same street. There are plenty of restaurants available around the hotel as well. I got the junior suite, in which the room is of decent size. It's clean too.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank estherp_0
Traveler45085577707, General Manager at Amrath Hotel DuCasque, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2019

Dear Esther,
Thank you for your review and nice words regarding your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotels location in the city centre and you find the room comfortable. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Kind regards,
Team Amrâth Hotel DuCasque

Reviewed August 27, 2019

I stayed in this hotel for two nights with my daughter and grandson. We had two rooms. There was not privacy in the bathroom in our two rooms, as there is a glass door separating the bathroom from the room, but the door does not close completely. So if you are using the toilet and sharing the room, you have no privacy. This made our stay very uncomfortable. The rooms are dated, the bedspread was dirty. Everything felt dingy. I would not stay there again. The staff was friendly.

Date of stay: August 2019