“Great location, room facilities somewhat outdated.”

Crowne Plaza Maastricht
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A very good located hotel over the Maas river within a nice neigborhood with small charming restaurants and small antiquaires. The room was a bit outdated and the bathrooom not within a Crowne Plaza standard based on my previous experiences with this hotel chain. O booked without breakfast considering it to be pricy. I would rather recommend going to the coffee shop across the square, very nice and trendy, and also much cheaper.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne6221, Manager at Crowne Plaza Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased you liked the location and noticed the cleanliness of our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Attended a conference in the hotel and I can only say very good things about the conference room, services and the location of the property . GREAT !
Food was very good and the service top :)
Definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed with hubby and second room for 2 adults & 2 kids. Hotel close to train station - rooms ready prior to check in time. Staff polite & helpful. Standard double room ( with extra big bed). Close to old town, cafés, supermarket. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel frequently when I traveled on business to Maastricht, but this was my first visit in about five years. The hotel has received a facelift in the common areas since my last visit. The rooms look about the same as they did when I last visited, which is to say that they are somewhat dated. On a positive note, the rooms are clean, and the shower has plenty of hot water. The TV has plenty of international channels in various languages.

On a negative side, internet access, breakfast, and parking are all a bit expensive. On a positive side, the location cannot be beaten in Maastricht. The hotel is on the River Maas, and everything downtown on both sides of the river is within easy walking distance. This hotel was my home away from home when I used to visit Maastricht more frequently, and I make it a point to stay here whenever I visit Maastricht.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Crown Plaza in Maastricht is right on the banks of the River Maas, and while my room was small it had a little balcony from which I could view the rooftops of Wyck. I thought it was pretty special, even if I couldn't actually see the Maas from where I was. The view was spectacular though from the hotel restaurant. The hotel itself is looking a little tired but this didn't detract from my experience at all. The hotel staff were very helpful particularly with my requests to locate a nail salon for minor repairs. I was disappointed with the vegetarian options on the restaurant menu though. Breakfast was the usual fare with some cooked options. The hotel is within walking distance of most things although it's rained most of the time I was I town which was dissapointing but this just means I will need to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent two nights here to explore Maastricht on foot and I coulldn't imagine a better location. Short walk to town and a nice modern room -- plus elevators!...something you can't take for granted in this city. Breakfast is expensive but there is a Coffee Lovers right behind the building and there is a range of restaurants very close by. i would,, however, recommend drinks on the patio of the hotel overlooking the river at dusk. BEAUTIFUL!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2013

When I am in Maastricht I like to sleep here. The location of this hotel is great. You can walk right into the city but you can park your car below the hotel. Their terrace (for drinks but also to eat) is fantastic. It is right next to the river and you have a fantastic view. The hotel has very friendly staff and you really feel at home. Nice bar. Nice restaurants surrounding the hotel including the Beluga restaurant which is just around the corner. The only disadvantage of this hotel is that the rooms urgently need refurbishment. They are not bad or dirty but they are old. When this will happen this hotel will stay my favourite hotel in Maastricht.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diederik B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Diederik B,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I was delighted to read that despite your dissatisfaction with the room appearance, you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features provided. Since our guests are the center of our focus, it is customary for our hotel staff to continually create and provide the best product always. Therefore, we are pleased that these efforts reflected in your total guest experience.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again in the near future.

Dhan M