Crowne Plaza Maastricht
$206
$168
$161
  • Restaurant
Amrath Hotel DuCasque(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$82
Novotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$103
$91
  • Pool
Hotel St. Martenslane(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$80
Agoda.com
Buitenplaats Vaeshartelt(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
All reviewsthe rivera river view roomexecutive roomold townpedestrian bridgean upgradehotel is locatedstar hotelexcellent locationnice roombreakfast buffetandre rieuq parkper dayrailway stationmin walklovely city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Crown Plaza in Maastricht is right on the banks of the River Maas, and while my room was small it had a little balcony from which I could view the rooftops of Wyck. I thought it was pretty special, even if I couldn't actually see the Maas from where I was. The view was spectacular though from the hotel restaurant. The hotel itself is looking a little tired but this didn't detract from my experience at all. The hotel staff were very helpful particularly with my requests to locate a nail salon for minor repairs. I was disappointed with the vegetarian options on the restaurant menu though. Breakfast was the usual fare with some cooked options. The hotel is within walking distance of most things although it's rained most of the time I was I town which was dissapointing but this just means I will need to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I spent two nights here to explore Maastricht on foot and I coulldn't imagine a better location. Short walk to town and a nice modern room -- plus elevators!...something you can't take for granted in this city. Breakfast is expensive but there is a Coffee Lovers right behind the building and there is a range of restaurants very close by. i would,, however, recommend drinks on the patio of the hotel overlooking the river at dusk. BEAUTIFUL!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2013

When I am in Maastricht I like to sleep here. The location of this hotel is great. You can walk right into the city but you can park your car below the hotel. Their terrace (for drinks but also to eat) is fantastic. It is right next to the river and you have a fantastic view. The hotel has very friendly staff and you really feel at home. Nice bar. Nice restaurants surrounding the hotel including the Beluga restaurant which is just around the corner. The only disadvantage of this hotel is that the rooms urgently need refurbishment. They are not bad or dirty but they are old. When this will happen this hotel will stay my favourite hotel in Maastricht.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diederik B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Diederik B,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I was delighted to read that despite your dissatisfaction with the room appearance, you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features provided. Since our guests are the center of our focus, it is customary for our hotel staff to continually create and provide the best product always. Therefore, we are pleased that these efforts reflected in your total guest experience.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again in the near future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in a duplex junior suite which had 3 beds, two tvs and a mini bar. It didn't have a DVD player which was in room description. The furniture / decor was a bit outdated, scuff marks on walls etc, but it was very clean and the beds very comfy. The bathroom was well stocked with occitane products. We didn't eat here but breakfast was offered for €17 p.p. There are nice cafes around the corner from the hotel and great streets full of quirky, quaint little shops. The hotel offered valet parking for €22 per day, although expensive it was very handy. We arrived early Friday and left late Sunday and were charged €44. The staff were helpful and were also able to lend me a phone charger as I forgot my own.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been to this hotel many times, and was there for a two week stay in early 2012. The last time I went there was at the end of last year.
The hotel has a fantastic location, one of the best possible. A five minute walk from the station, and a five minute walk from the bridge. It is situated on the banks of the river, and this is marvellous.

The rooms in the normal category are small, but those in the executive floors/ categories have a good size. They could redesign the work desk, as I always had to work from the "wrong" side. The internet is fast and good.

Why do I like it, apart from the location? The service. I really like the people at the reception and in the restaurants. They are efficient, friendly, and warm. This is something that is really nice.

The food is fantastic, and they have some really good restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business