“A great way to learn about and see Maastricht”

Maastricht Running Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Run and Discover Maastricht! Our Highlight tour of about 1,5 hours (± 6 km) takes you (including several short stops for explanation) along the most important and interesting sites in Maastricht. Our nice route in one of the oldest and most beautiful cities of The Netherlands leads you along squares and watermills, over city walls, along small picturesque alleys, old town gates and through different parks. Check also our green running tours (from 5 to 15 kms)
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The tour was really very good. Our guide, Raoul, was very informative and we learned a lot about the history and culture of Maastricht. By the end of the tour we had seen all of the main sites. We did the Saturday morning tour at 10am. I would highly recommend this tour. Even if you are not a regular runner the pace is not too fast and there are plenty of little stops along the way.

1  Thank J M

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Raoul, our running guide, gave an excellent tour of Maastricht. I had friends visiting the city and as we normally go running, I thought this would be an excellent way to combine it with some sightseeing. Raoul gave in depth knowledge about both the sites in Maastricht, as well as the way of life and personality of the city. In the end, Raoul was key in leaving a lasting impression of the unique charm that is Maastricht.

1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Our first City Run ever and guided by Raoul, a great and original way to discover Maastricht.
Despite beautiful weather conditions during twilight and the dark, we will schedule any next city run during daytime.
Thanks Raoul and success with this interesting, combined activity.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was visiting Maastricht to attend a conference. We met Raoul, our guide, on the first evening and the fun started: Raoul was friendly, flexible in the itinary he chose, really knowledgeable, really fit yet able to adapt to any pace. We enjoyed the first evening so much that we booked him for the next day also! In two running sessions, (1 hr the first evening and 45 min the next one-due to time constraint on our side), we learnt a lot about Maastricht history and architecture without mentionning spotting the best place to go out for food and drinks. I felt I got much more out of my visit to Maastricht than if I had gone by myself for my daily run as I usually do.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We only spent a day in Maastricht, and this was a fantastic way to explore the city. Raoul, the guide, knows really a lot about the city and its history. Besides the most important sights, he showed us lots of interesting places we would probably not have seen without him. He even advised us on places we could visit after the run, which we did and do not regret. The pace of the running itself was moderate and it was no problem to take photos at all times.
In total, we had a great time and highly recommend the Maastricht Running Tours!