Designhotel Maastricht
Crowne Plaza Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Pool
Hotel Mabi(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Bar/Lounge
Amrath Hotel DuCasque(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$79
Buitenplaats Vaeshartelt(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
Hotels.com
Townhouse Hotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$167
$162
Orbitz.com
1,657 results
All reviewstrain stationxl roomnice hotelno windowopen plancity centre hotelstone's throwfriendly personnelminute strollbeautiful roomcomfy bedcold cutsroom temperaturefresh orange juicea lovely stayexcellent locationreception desk
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel in general is good value for money, close to the central station. Service at reception is not up to standard though, exhausted, bored receptionist, answering multiple calls while serving in wrinkled uniform.
The Flo fish restaurant adjacent to the hotel is recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 24, 2012

i had a standard room it was perfectly enough for me, but i missed a table. First time it was such a labirynth feeling for me to find my room. :D
The breakfast was perfect as well fresh fruits vegetables, rolls, egg, salmon ect. . Staff was nice and helpful!!

Room Tip: if you want a standard room 180 is ok. a medium room 109 is also very nice
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This time we had a " normal " room , with a toilet behind a door .
Time before , the toilet was just inside the room ! Can not lock .
We had a voucher left , so we went again .
The breakfast is good !! And we parked our car near the station .
14 Euro , whole 24 hours , only few minutes walk to the hotel .
You get a free drink , but have to go outside , end of the street .
We did not go there .
In all ,for a reduce price it is okay for us , otherwise we find it expensive .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived tired and late after a plane and train journey from Dublin. The hotel was a short walk from the train station and we were greeted by very friendly staff. Quickly through the formalities and shown to our rooms. These overlooked the street, were conditioned, very clean and most comfortable. The hotel staff recommended a couple af local restaurants within easy walking and we choose one for dinner and retired well fed before midnight.
Breakfast was a relaxed serve yourself affair, real expresso, fruit juices, and most of the requirements for a very pleasant continental style breakfast.

The hotel staff arranged transport to our next destination and after settling what was a very reasonable tariff, we were on our way, rested, fed and well prepared for the next leg of our journey.

Room Tip: At weekends and during term (Maastricht is a university town) rooms facing the street might get a little noisy, particularly if you like having the windows open during the night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I was booked here by a client as I was working in Maastricht. The hotel looks great and I like the concept, many branded hotels such as Hotel Indigo and Park Plaza in London are using high impact "design" features to make their offering more distinctive.

We didn't eat in the restaurant as we arrived close to midnight.

One major bug-bear I have with hotels is this: I like to sleep in a double bed, it's what I'm used to at home. I don't like sleeping in single beds. When I'm away on business it's really important I get a good nights sleep.

Bearing this need in mind we checked in, I asked "do I have a double bed?" The answer was an unequivocal "yes sir". Imagine my annoyance when at just after midnight I open my room door to see 2 singles pushed together. Now, if I'm being critical the receptionist deceived me, or he just doesn't know his product. Either way it's not good enough, especially in a 4* property.

The Bathroom in room 260 is a phone box, and a small one at that. No plug in the "designer" basin, why? How are you supposed to shave, by running the tap - not very green design! The shower was poor in strength, the basin tap was very powerful, why the difference?

The designer rooms have wooden floors, nice! Except when a room directly above me
decides to move furniture at 1am then it sounds like the roof is about to cave in!!

I slept badly in a bed which the mattress has seen too many bodies and needs replacing. No additional pillows in the room, just one small one per single bed!

The breakfast staff were friendly and welcoming. Food was OK, nothing special.

In conclusion, an average hotel which needs to realise that it's not just style, you need content too. Quirky and interesting design features don't replace good old fashioned service. Get both right and you have a product which people will rave about and advocate.

If I was paying for this stay I wouldn't be happy. Would I chose to stay here again, no.

• Stayed: October 2012