“nice design hotel with basic rooms with flat screen”

Townhouse Hotel Maastricht
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Maastricht
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This is a nice hotel 10 Minutes to the heart of downtown in a quiet area. It is also located close to the train station. The lobby is nice designed and breakfast is good with lots of healthy things.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
TownhouseHotel, Sales Department at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2010

Dear guest,

Great to read that you like our design hotelconcept! Our fair-trade breakfast with local products has as you said a wide range such as jams, fresh fruit, breads, cheeses and cold cuts, thank you for your compliments. See you soon in Townhouse Designhotel Maastricht!

Reviewed July 31, 2010

I think I have never met so helpful and cheerful staff. The hotel is in a perfect state. The breakfast served by the hotel was delicious. The only disadvantage was that there was no wardrobe in the room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
TownhouseHotel, Sales Department at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you for your great review. We made the decision, not to place closets on the fact that very less people use it. Our apologise that we weren’t more clear about that, we had to explain it to you earlier. It is now an extra item in the confirmation. We have enough mobile closets for guests who want one. Hopefully you will visit Maastricht again. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and hopefully we will see you next time.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

I like every little details of this hotel. it was very relaxing staying at lobby and have a cup of coffee and read books. Fitness room was clean and cozy, you can enjoy Wii Fit by yourself or with your friend. I enjoyed a lot. Also breakfast was great with variety of bread, pastries and dessert. The best thing is, it's only 2 minutes walk from the station!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review! Great that you will visit Townhouse Designhotel Maastricht again in the future. We are looking forward to it!

Reviewed June 4, 2010

This hotel was the biggest lodging surprise of our 10-day trek through The Netherlands & Spain - we loved it! It is well located right by the train station but also very much within walking distance of the river, good restaurants, shopping and the overall city centre. The staff was incredibly friendly, the breakfast was good, and all throughout the day they serve soup, or other small tidbits to nibble on. The rooms are small, but we found that to be the case throughout Europe regardless of hotel quality. We would stay here again if we returned and recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

The best hotel in your 10 day trek, great to read your review! Thank you for your compliments. Townhouse has four kinds of hotel rooms; basic, medium, large and extra large. Maybe when you visit us in the future we can offer you a larger room. Hopefully we will meet again in the future, the soup is waiting for you!

Reviewed April 30, 2010

I was travelling alone, but i never felt lonesome in your hotel, there was a very friendly girl at the reception that made me feel at home right away.
Very comfortable room, great curtains that blocked all the light from outside. Very nice furnishing/decoration, original and stylish, great mix of design and vintage. I loved the "Banksy"-like paintings on the walls!
I took a nice bath, watched tv for an hour or so, and went to bed, completely relaced.
I'm a light sleeper, and i forgot my sleeping pill, but the glass of wine the lady at the reception poured out for me helped to get to sleep.
The breakfast was great, and i will never worry again becouse some of my cups and dishes do not match!
I agree with the little decoration painted next to your door: "I'll be back!"

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Dear madam Rooms,

Great to read our hotel felt like home. We hope to see you again in Townhouse Designhotel Maastricht for a wonderful night sleep.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

We went for a golf trip to Maastricht with a 1 night sleepover in the Townhouse hotel. What a nice design hotel, close to the centre of town. Reception was really friendly, got a cup of mustard soup. The lounge is around the reception area like home away from home. You can sit here, read one the books lying around, have a drink (you can poor yourself) and have breakfast, which is adequate and good. Rooms (we had the large one) are modern and have fantastic beds. A large bath. We have to say, it was all better than we expected and really good price/quality.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
TownhouseHotel, Sales Department at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2010

Dear guest,

Great to read that we exceed your expectations! Thank you for your kind words about Townhouse Designhotel Maastricht. See you next time.

Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is a brand new design hotel. I have nothing against design hotels, and this looks particularly well designed. On the other hand some of its details were not very practical, if not plain awkward. We were staying in a ground floor room right next to the main stairs. The bed was not the most comfortable (despite the expensive Hastings mattress) and very squeaky. The bath room door was an open type, like old fashioned blinds. Though basically you could not see through it, some sounds I don't want to share.
Another annoyance was the breakfast. In the morning I am not always totally social. However, this room only had long narrow and completely crowded tables on which you have your breakfast shoulder to shoulder with the other guests. Maybe I had just the bad luck that we walked in at peak time (the buffet and the single coffee machine were jammed), but this just ruined my appetite.
We only stayed one night, so perhaps I did not have the time to see the benefits, but I am not fully convinced regarding the concept of the hotel. Except for its hip looks, and its location, I am not sure whether I could see a lot of benefits.
My wife certainly liked the place, adding that I shouldn't whine. Well...you have read my objections. They could be irrelevant to you too.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank derob

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Please do not hesitate next time and ask for the rooms with a normal bathroom door. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. We do hope we will see you next time, we can serve breakfast in your room if you want to!