“I loved your kindness so much and I will be back!”

Townhouse Hotel Maastricht
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Maastricht
bologna
“I loved your kindness so much and I will be back!”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I can say without doubt that the kindness of your staff ensures my return to your hotel. When my flight arrived at Schiphol airport my ride was nowhere in sight and neither was my luggage. It was still in Munich. My missing bag contained all of the clothes for an important job interview scheduled for the day after, with a result of an increase of the anxiety levels. The only positive note was the excellence and kindness of your staff. The professionalism and courtesy have certainly lifted the value of your beautiful hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank toquinhoBologna
TownhouseHotel, Sales & Marketing at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear toquinhoBologna,

Thank you very much for the nice compliments. Despite the difficulties with your journey, we hope your job interview went well. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future at Townhouse Designhotel Maastricht!

Team Townhouse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed 1 night at this lovely hotel with a friend. On entering the hotel I was struck by the ecletic design furniture and the general good feel atmosphere. Our rooms were located on the 4th floor (medium rooms 417 & 419). Comfy beds and quiet, so after a long days sightseeing I slept like a baby.
Breakfast was well presented, fresh and varied. I would highly recommend the Townhouse because of it's location (next door to the train station and short walk to all major spots) and overal level of services.
Thanks for a great stay. P.S. Free soup in the afternoon, a very nice personal touch.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shwe03
TownhouseHotel, sales&marketing at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Shwe03,

Wow! Thank you for the compliments and the perfect grades. We are pleased to hear you had a good night sleep.

A warm regard,
Caserta, Italy
Reviewed June 12, 2011

The hotel is really nice. The room we stayed in was quiet, large, with some graffiti Bansky-style, with a nice bathroom. When we arrived in we found a welcome letter for us.
The breakfast is good but a little expensive, anyway the room for breakfast (almost coinciding with the rececption) usually host some events in the afternoon and evening.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank demonjeff
TownhouseHotel, sales & marketing at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Demonjeff,

Thank you for the compliments and the fantastic grades!
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I chose the Townhouse hotel after it was one of several recommended by the organizing committee of a conference I was attending. Overall, I enjoyed my stay -- although there were a few "quirks" that may not be for everyone (e.g., insects stenciled on the walls?!?). I was a bit disappointed about the lack of amenities in the room. There was a "decorative" antique clock in each room (decorative meaning it didn't actually keep the time) - it would have been helpful to have a working clock in the bedroom on the night table. [In fairness, there was a radio with a timer built into the bathroom wall but it was difficult to program and re-set itself each time the guest left the room.] I would have also appreciated a bit more information in the room about hotel policies (breakfast times, high tea information, how to log-in to the internet, how to program the timer in the bathroom, local restaurants and attractions, etc).

Overall, I liked the hardwood/laminate floors (clean!) and the comfortable / large bed. Cleanliness is the most important issue for me when staying in hotels and the Townhouse met the mark. The breakfast was delicious and the hotel is in a great location (esp close to the train station). The staff seemed quite friendly and willing to help. I would recommend this hotel to folks who are young at heart and open to unique (minimalist yet comfortable) experiences.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ProfessorPlum2011
TownhouseHotel, Sales & marketing at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear Professor,

Thank you for your compliments and the feedback! Your review give us
The opportunity to improve our hotel and service. Thank you for the tips.

Team Townhouse.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We loved The Townhouse, it was easy to find and well located in Maastricht. Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was comfy and everything we had hoped for. Funky touches around the hotel give it a lovely quirky feel and it felt like you were in someone's living room at times. I loved the eclectic mix of crockery and casual feel at breakfast. I would say if you have issues with stairs make sure you know where all the lifts are and which one to use to get to your corridor. Maastricht the city is just lovely, I wasn't sure what to expect and my friend had visited previously on business felt sure I would love it and she wasn't wrong. Fabulous bars and restaurants and great to walk around, really relaxed. We'll definitely be back and we'll be at the Townhouse.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tamsin S
Dear Tamleamin,

Thank you for the fantastic grades and the lovely compliments! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are looking forward to see you back soon!

Kind Regards,

Rome, Italy
Reviewed May 20, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located by the train station, it has very nice and welcoming common areas that do make you feel like at home. Breakfast is absolutely delicious, with lots of baked goods and other options, the best part of the stay!
My room had a very comfortable bed...and that's it. No desk, no closet, no night table. There was just a tiny table in the room. The bathroom was very large, especially if compared to the room which was on the small side, mostly occupied by the bed.
So if you want a more traditional room, this place isn't right because rooms are tiny, but if you are young and accommodating, this will do.
Free wifi was great and the front desk was helpful and nice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank myosotis
TownhouseHotel, Sales & Marketing Department at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Myosotis,

Thank you for the kind compliments!

Kind Regards,
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed May 19, 2011

The concept "design hotel" is rather meaningless to me. As if some hotels are not designed ... In this case "design" means "loads of old quasi-retro stuff artfully spread around the reception/breakfast area". Not very impressive. Our room was clean and bright, but very small. We could hardly find a place for unpacking our suitcases. The bath room, on the other hand, was big and nice, but rather sparsely equipped. Overall not bad, but I would look for other alternatives in Maastricht first.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stian H
TownhouseHotel, Sales and Marketing Department at Townhouse Hotel Maastricht, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Sinistra,

Thank you for your feedback and your compliments!
Kind Regards, Team Townhouse