Hotel Matuchi
Hotel St. Martenslane(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$217
Novotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$263
$251
  • Pool
$356
CrownePlaza.com
$259
Amrath Hotel DuCasque(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$346
NH Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Restaurant
Townhouse Hotel Maastricht(Maastricht)(Great Value!)
$176
$283
$275
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly when we showed up at 7pm asking for a room for the night. The room was well decorated and clean so we took it without giving much consideration to the fact that it was above a cocktail bar and on a fairly busy street. Unfortunately both of these things made it quite difficult to get good sleep later that night and the following morning. It's in a great location, just moments away from shops, restaurants, bars, and the river. For one night it was adequate, though for EUR 80 without breakfast it is perhaps slightly overpriced.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms directly on the road!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Maastricht seems to have a many over-priced hotels with variable standards of quality, so the Hotel Matuchi deserves praise for being clean, friendly, offering free internet, large rooms, and being in an excellent location. It is a good choice for young independent travelers: prices are reasonable, there is a hookah/shisha lounge, restaurant, and cocktail bar on the first floor that offers a bit of an interesting scene in a city that otherwise seems overly sanitized. However, I don't think I'd personally stay there again. It feels less like a hotel than like staying in your Aunt's attic after she got back from a trip to Morocco and decided to decorate it with souvenirs. There aren't the usual amenities (such as a closet/wardrobe), and the building doesn't seem quite structurally sound. Be advised that there is a very steep and narrow staircase that would be difficult to navigate with heavy luggage.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during TEFAF and, whilst the staff were nice I cannot sat the same for my experience. The room I was put in had at least two broken light bulbs so it was incredibly dim and difficult to see. There was no wardrobe and no hangers so I was not able to hang any of my clothes. There was no hair dryer and no soap, after asking I did eventually manage to get hold of an iron. I spent a long sleepless night listening to every guest ascend the stairs which caused my bathroom door to rattle in its hinges and you can only get wifi in the dark and smoky bar/restaurant area.
I sampled the food one evening, choosing lamb tagine. Considering this place markets itself as Moroccan inspired I was expecting something nice, what arrived was not a tagine (no shallots, no dates or apricots, no cous cous, no almonds etc.). It was a lamb stew and a very very bland one at that. I resent paying for food when I could have cooked this myself and it would have tasted infinitely better.
All in all, a pretty awful experience. The one good thing is the location, perfect if you want to explore the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

There are two doors to the hotel, rooms to the right and the restaurant to the left the check in is done in the restaurant which was very easy and the staff were very friendly. The rooms are up a very steep set of steps so if you have heavy luggage I can see it being a huge problem, the room was very clean. In the evening the restaurant becomes busy and there is loud music, which fortunately did stop at around 12.30 as I was on the first flight out in the morning. The ambience would suit young travellers passing through Maastricht. It is very central which you could not fault.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our room was comfotable and lacked nothing, it was on the first floor so we only had to handle one floor of stairs (if you room is on the third floor the stairs may be a nightmare as there is no elevator and the stairs are steep and narrow). We had a full bath ensuite and a lovely room, nicely finished. Our room was a bit noisy in the night because of the bar downstairs and services in the yard but our friends had another room at the back and they had no issues. The hotel is a step away from the market square with easy access to bus stops on both sides. The staff is friendly and I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family