“Top class”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Wonderful restaurant offering plenty of fish and vegetarian options. Must reserve. one of the best in Groningen.

There are newer reviews for Brussels Lof

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Usually, I don’t write reviews of restaurants. I believe, that culinary likes are subjective, and vary widely between cultures and tastes. But in this case, I was compelled to write something. Was our first visit, as my girlfriend recommended the place, after reading the good reviews. We were greeted by attentive and polite staff, and seated at a good table. The place is clean and elegant. Food presentation and taste, from starters to the main course, where all great I must admit. After a while the cook, or one of them, came out to greet us, which I thought was nice at first. He then started to make wired facial gestures and say rude words, half of which didn’t make sense. We realized he was totally drunk, after he stumbled away. I talked to the lady in charge who was apologetic, and seemed to know about the problem already. She goes "we shouldn’t let him out of the kitchen no more".. LOL.. So, if you love fresh seafood thats prepared nicely, this is the place.. just try and avoid the weird cook!..

2  Thank Fischerman
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Resto near good pubs of Groningen. Fully booked on a saturday night - with rather "silent" clients. This is Groningen..... not the Den bosch, Breda, Maastricht or or Antwerpen. A place like this usually buzzes with chat and laughter and tinkling glasses. No music whatsoever in the back. Food OK - bit pricy - cook (and owner) friendly and commuicative .......

1  Thank esplendid0
Reviewed June 1, 2012

For those who need to have their meet, obviously this is not your restaurant, but if you like fish and vegetarian this is a great pleace to be when you're in Groningen. I often find the level of service in the dutch restaurants a bit too laid back, but here all was thought of. I thought the service was excellent in comparison to many dutch restaurants. Attention is paid to the wine, the way the food is served, and I think the price is really good for what you get! If you are in Groningen I would definitely reccomend this place.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

On Tuesday, Friday and Saturday there is a market in Gronigen, with wonderful fish stalls. We had oohed and aahed over them that afternoon, so were delighted when taken to the Brussels Lof for dinner. Dog wasn't the only spaniel there that night and the other seemed to be a regular. We had a tight schedule but the staff got us through two courses effortlessly. A delicate calamari salad proceeded fabulous mackerel fillets surround by spinach. I wish we had more time and more room. This a place to be hungry for.