“Why can't we have fish like this in England”
Review of Brussels Lof

Brussels Lof
Ranked #10 of 388 Restaurants in Groningen
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2012

On Tuesday, Friday and Saturday there is a market in Gronigen, with wonderful fish stalls. We had oohed and aahed over them that afternoon, so were delighted when taken to the Brussels Lof for dinner. Dog wasn't the only spaniel there that night and the other seemed to be a regular. We had a tight schedule but the staff got us through two courses effortlessly. A delicate calamari salad proceeded fabulous mackerel fillets surround by spinach. I wish we had more time and more room. This a place to be hungry for.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

This lovely restaurant is situated on a quiet street about two blocks from the historic administration building of the University of Groningen. It specializes in vegetarian and seafood meals. Bouillabaisse Is on the menu only as an appetizer. However, I was able to order it as the main course. I also had a glass of red wine, French Maison Virginie. The service was wonderful and the food and the wine were outstanding. The hall meal cost me under €21. I highly recommend it to anyone who visits Groningen.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Brussels lof is my favorite restaurant in groningen. I have been there 3times so far. Me and my husband like to keep it for special occasions. What i love about it is the good quality of food combined with a 'gezellig' atmosphere. They only serve fish and vegeterian food, so dont go there if u dont like seafood, beacuse this is the highlight! I also love the way they combine different flavors together. So it is not only about the fresh and high quality fish they serve, but more about the different combinations of sauces/flavors that comes with it. My recommendation is that u go for the sea food soup as appetizer and try the 'kabeljauw' main dish and dont miss the vanilla ice cream with ginger as a desset. The staff is very friendly as well. They dont have english menus, but they r happy to explain the menu to u. Last time the chef came at our table to cgeck that everythibg is alright.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

I've been to this restaurant twice and have not been disappointed. The starters are great, had the scallops this past trip (May 2010) and tuna for main course. We had a table by the window so could watch folks walking by while enjoying our meal. The service was very good with attentive staff. The chef sometimes walks around to interact with customers as well. Not the cheapest place to eat...dinner for 2 with starter, main and a couple of beers and a couple of glasses of wine brought our total to around 82 euros, but the food was very good.

Cheers.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

This small restaurant is not specific Belgian cuisine although it has strong relations to the Flanders fish dishes. However, the vegetarian is much more worthwhile, especially the dishes with mushrooms or truffles. Very special and delightful. Also try the fish or vegi surprise menu. Ambiance with little decoration, but even more nice service and attentive people. Good wine selection, also apertif and desert wines. More than value for money.