“Distinct and personal.”

Manna
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Nijmegen
“Distinct and personal.”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

A luxury room, including an iMac, with quality fittings and bedding. A breakfast served outside in the rare sunshine was sublime. Check in was simple and friendly, all enquiries were answered with enthusiasim and breakfast was served with care and efficiency. The only watch out is that the bathroom layout requires couples to have a degree of sharing above the normal.

Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Llanfairfechan
Reviewed July 26, 2012

on the city ring road, about 15 mins to the centre, at a brisk walk.
went by car, parking available locally at E8/day.

No lift so need to be fit, nice Patrick carried my heavy bag up 3 flights of stairs.

Room ultra modern, very clean, all facilities, but open plan, not to everyones taste.

lovely room comforts, bottled water, juices, coffee machine, gas fire, dressing gowns & slippers, and an I-Mac 20". The best shower I have ever been in, from my room, with a view over the street(if you want), a deep bath that 2 can share in comfort !! (only fault is that the plumbing is a little temperamental at times)
No complaints about the bed.
Breakfast continental with table service, enjoy the bread, pancakes, pastries, cold meats & boiled egg......etc, all nicely done.
Restaurant well worth experiencing.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: the loft room is pricy but well worth the stair to get there, it's quite, and very big for a cit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were really looking forward to the stay in this hotel as we read so much about this hotel on Tripadvisor but we already had a bad start by the fact that the hotel tried to charge us double the amount then on one of the Internetportals.
We (family with two infants) didn´t get a chance to stay at the Hotel as my car broke down on the way to the hotel. As soon as I had an Internet connection I contacted the hotel and did not hear back for three days. Than I received an email that they would still charge me for being a NoShow. As they got my credit card details wrong in the first place they were not able to debit me.
I was still willing to sort this matter with the Hotel and wrote several emails offering to do another booking with the hotel. After about three weeks and four letters from my side I contacted the Director of the Hotel. He also did not have the courtesy to answer my emails.
I haven´t lost any money on this but the hotels has lost the chance of a returning guest. What a putty I would have loved to give them a chance but it seems that if you don´t fit in their way of dealing with a customer you are not a good customer. Be aware of the price the hotel wants to charge and double-check.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank pitmueller
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I never know whether to believe the TripAdvisor hype, but Manna Hotel totally lived up to it. We stayed in the XL 2 room, which came with gorgeous minimal styling, huge bathtub in the room, rain shower, high ceilings and a bed we didn't want to get out of.

But when we did pull ourselves out of it, we were rewarded with one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had.

For a very reasonable €169 we got all this, along with with free wifi, Lionel Ritchie's greatest hits on the in-room iMac and a Nespresso machine.

Go to Nijmegen just for the hotel alone.

The only niggle was a little bit of noise from the room next door, but those gorgeous old walls must be a nightmare to insulate, and I've had worse at a lot of very expensive modern hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BexRad
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Best place to stay in Nijmegen!
Great rooms, nicely decorated, breakfast is wonderfull too!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Appelmoes
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The outside is unspectacular but inside is great. A small boutique hotel with a very trendy and vibrant feel. Check in time was delayed by 40 mins but the food, drink and atmosphere in the reception (which is the bar/restaurant) was so good we didn't mind the wait. The room was great - plasma tv, iMac, iPod, Xmas tree and patio were all nice touches - not to mention the glass walk in wet room and separate bath.

Negatives were the check in wait and the imac's wireless keyboard/mouse didn't work straight away but the staff came up and sorted it out in minutes. No parking but the was an 8 euro a day car park near by which is dirt cheap.

Basically I would come back here again and again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Theledge80
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2011

One of the most stunning places I've ever stayed, a real treat to walk into your room and be greeted by beautiful decor, quality furniture and fittings, even a christmas tree, a proper coffee machine and a full on mac computer.

Beds are just so snug and cosy, the bath and shower are wonderful.

The food in the restaurant is delicious, not big portions but I'm fine with that, I'd rather have quality than quantity any day.

Can't fault the staff or anything about the place at all, really friendly and helpful. I was there on business nearby but glad I got to see a bit of Nijmegen as it is a beautiful city. I plan to go back and this is where I shall stay next time.

I did have a small problem there, the problem is unimportant, the way the management dealt with the problem is what sets them above the competition and the reason they are number one on here, I suspect if they competed with neighbouring cities they'd still be on top too.

Can't imagine where the one terrible review chap stayed but it can't be here, no way!

Well done to all you lovely people at Manna, see you next year I hope!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fab, I had number 6.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business