“delicious food in friendly setting”
Review of India Gate

India Gate
Ranked #42 of 307 Restaurants in Nijmegen
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a delicious meal in this small restaurant. We went without a reservation, around 20.00 hrs on a Friday night and luckily there was a table available. I think only because the university holiday started I think, better reserve when you want to go.
It was very busy in the restaurant. Very friendly staff, our orders were taken very quickly after seated.
As a starter we got delicious papadrums with 3 sauces.
Main course was also delicious and also the dishes that went to another tables looked delicious, so we better go back and try them as well!

1  Thank Marielle1969

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked at table when passing on the afternoon - We were glad we did as it was busy when we went at 20:00 for dinner. Very authentic Indian food. Staff were happy to adjust recipes based on taste & preference. Lamb melted in our mouths in the 2 dishes we ordered as did the chicken in another dish.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is a very nice small restaurant with friendly Indian staff. Even though I usually only go there once every few months, they know my face and the food is very nice. Once you have made a choice from the menu, they immediately offer poppadums and 3 sauces. I have never had to wait very long for my dinner which is just the way I like it.

1  Thank KlaraJL
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Nice place quite close to the center of Nijmegen. The staff is very friendly and food is simply delicious! The interior is nothing special tho

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Indian Gate is an OK Indian restaurant, but the dishes are bland, no comparison the nice spicy Indian food I learned to appreciate in restaurants in London and even California.

2  Thank JSVV