WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Van der Valk Hotel Arnhem

Van der Valk Hotel Arnhem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Arnhem
London
“Excellent base for sight seeing and touring in the Arnhem area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Well situated just outside Arnhem but well connected by public transport and road network . This hotel provides comfort and good food in the restaurant. Good business facilities and conference rooms. The star is the great barman in the basement bar (Wilem) who is ever smiling helpful and a good conversationalist. The rooms are well appointed and roomy, the only down side would seem to be a need to train the female restaurant staff to understand customer service and not adopt a somewhat surely attitude to customers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Afula, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

We didn't realize this hotel is a five minute drive from the Hogue Veluwe park and Kroller Muller museum. We finished an afternoon with our 15 kilometer bike ride in the park (for us that was alot!) and visit to the museum and we were so pleasantly surprised to be so close to our hotel. We were also pleasantly surprised with hotel. The room was very large and so was the modern bathroom that had a shower and bathtub. I think it was good advice I got from tripadvisor and I asked for a quiet room in the back. The restaurant in the front seems to be pretty busy in the evenings.

Room Tip: ask for quiet room in the back.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elana M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent a night at this hotel as our home base for visiting the Köller-Müller museum and Arnhem.
The hotel's location is very convenient, it offers a sauna and the rooms are spacey.
Keep in mind that the rooms have no double beds, but only 2 very small single beds on wheels. Just a reminder for couples ;-)
Better bring something to tape the beds feet together.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andreas S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

2 night stay over a weekend. Great value (through Laterooms.com) and room spacious and clean.

Positives:
- value for money
- easy location
- spacious room with excellent bathroom

Negatives:
- bed too soft
- need aircon control per room
- cooked breakfast 'dry' - needs beans/ mushrooms/hot tomatoes
- a la carte dinner gets expensive

Would stay again

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in two Van der Valk hotels now and am extremely satisfied. The rooms here are positively enormous with large bathroom and jacuzzi tub. Quality is high and price-value was good for what you get (paid €112 for one night, incl breakfast). Internet is free and breakfast is a high point, with a very comprehensive buffet. Room very quiet.

Downsides are the rather remote out-of-town location and the large bed is actually two singles put together rather than 1 large bed.

I definitely will use the v.d.Valk hotels again in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Esbjerg, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Nice looking hotel a bit outside Arnhem. When we went there we had not booked and probably would not have found it unless a local told us about it.
Rooms were fine - we liked the shared version with two separate rooms - since we were 2 couples. Good way to save a bit.
Only one bad thing to say... it was a kind of "computer says no" moment... in the morning we checked out and expected to find another accomodation, but just in case we had asked for the room rate for one more day when we checked in... we then actually decided to spend one more day in Arnhem - so we came back to the hotel, which then gave us a higher price... simply saying the system could no longer give us the price they had told us a day before...
Kind of bad customer service in my view...

Room Tip: Choose some of the rooms away from the large restaurant. You can get rooms for 4 persons, where ther...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked a room for 2, as a surprise for my boyfriend. We had a weekend without the kids, and I wanted to spend some time as a couple. My boyfriend new I planned something for the weekend, but did not know what. I wanted to combine shopping, biking in "de veluwe" and musea. When I booked the room online (paid by visa), I called the hotel and asked if they could arrange a bottle of chilled champagne in our room, at arrival. And I underlined it was a surprise, for a romantic weekend with my boyfriend. When we checked in, the friendly lady at the desk simply said: "you have to pay the bottle of champagne 1st"! Ok, gone was the surprise. I tried to keep the romantic mood, but I was clearly pissed. My boyfriend tried to cheer me up, by saying it was still a nice surprise and he loved it. But I imagined it totally differrent: arriving in our room and finding a nice bottle in ice bucket on our bed..

for the rest the hotel was nice, rooms were perfect and the breakfast was super. To make-up for the blooper, they booked a bowling alley for us and we got a cocktail from the hotel at the bowling :-)

Arnem was really nice, lot of green and nice restaurants and shops

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple