WINNER WONDERLAND

“Good hotel, nice location, bad beds” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Van der Valk Hotel Arnhem

Van der Valk Hotel Arnhem
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Arnhem
“Good hotel, nice location, bad beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent a night at this hotel as our home base for visiting the Köller-Müller museum and Arnhem.
The hotel's location is very convenient, it offers a sauna and the rooms are spacey.
Keep in mind that the rooms have no double beds, but only 2 very small single beds on wheels. Just a reminder for couples ;-)
Better bring something to tape the beds feet together.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andreas S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

2 night stay over a weekend. Great value (through Laterooms.com) and room spacious and clean.

Positives:
- value for money
- easy location
- spacious room with excellent bathroom

Negatives:
- bed too soft
- need aircon control per room
- cooked breakfast 'dry' - needs beans/ mushrooms/hot tomatoes
- a la carte dinner gets expensive

Would stay again

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in two Van der Valk hotels now and am extremely satisfied. The rooms here are positively enormous with large bathroom and jacuzzi tub. Quality is high and price-value was good for what you get (paid €112 for one night, incl breakfast). Internet is free and breakfast is a high point, with a very comprehensive buffet. Room very quiet.

Downsides are the rather remote out-of-town location and the large bed is actually two singles put together rather than 1 large bed.

I definitely will use the v.d.Valk hotels again in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Esbjerg, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Nice looking hotel a bit outside Arnhem. When we went there we had not booked and probably would not have found it unless a local told us about it.
Rooms were fine - we liked the shared version with two separate rooms - since we were 2 couples. Good way to save a bit.
Only one bad thing to say... it was a kind of "computer says no" moment... in the morning we checked out and expected to find another accomodation, but just in case we had asked for the room rate for one more day when we checked in... we then actually decided to spend one more day in Arnhem - so we came back to the hotel, which then gave us a higher price... simply saying the system could no longer give us the price they had told us a day before...
Kind of bad customer service in my view...

Room Tip: Choose some of the rooms away from the large restaurant. You can get rooms for 4 persons, where ther...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked a room for 2, as a surprise for my boyfriend. We had a weekend without the kids, and I wanted to spend some time as a couple. My boyfriend new I planned something for the weekend, but did not know what. I wanted to combine shopping, biking in "de veluwe" and musea. When I booked the room online (paid by visa), I called the hotel and asked if they could arrange a bottle of chilled champagne in our room, at arrival. And I underlined it was a surprise, for a romantic weekend with my boyfriend. When we checked in, the friendly lady at the desk simply said: "you have to pay the bottle of champagne 1st"! Ok, gone was the surprise. I tried to keep the romantic mood, but I was clearly pissed. My boyfriend tried to cheer me up, by saying it was still a nice surprise and he loved it. But I imagined it totally differrent: arriving in our room and finding a nice bottle in ice bucket on our bed..

for the rest the hotel was nice, rooms were perfect and the breakfast was super. To make-up for the blooper, they booked a bowling alley for us and we got a cocktail from the hotel at the bowling :-)

Arnem was really nice, lot of green and nice restaurants and shops

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Salima K
Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I guess I shouldn't complain for the price we paid, but I have to say the hotel was a disappointment. The location was lovely, out of Arnhem center, really quiet, close to the woods. However, I felt cheated. Nice to look at but a lack of love of detail. Too little is invested in the quality of the rooms. Although they are refurbished, the mattresses are "cheap" and the linens not large enough to cover the mattress. As a result, if you toss and turn (as we did since there were party goers in the rooms next to us, but that was not the fault of the hotel) you ended up sleeping on the mattress as the linen was hanging off the side :-( Also, the supplies in the bathroom were minimal and the hairdryer REALLY old fashioned. Honestly, I would have expected more from a Van der Valk.

Room Tip: Pick a room to the back of the hotel, away from the main street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in December, while exhibiting at a nearby conference. As expected, the restaurant was good (both the breakfast buffet as well as the a-la-carte diner). The rooms have been recently remodelled and look very modern and spacious. The modern wellness area (with sauna and steam bath) was simply fantastic...especially after a day of work it's fantastic to relax! Location is great, amidst the forests of the Dutch National Park 'Hoge Veluwe'. Service was friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business