“This Hotel need to adjust to this century”

Bastion Hotel Apeldoorn Het Loo
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Apeldoorn
Antwerp, Belgium
“This Hotel need to adjust to this century”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I booked a suite. Much to my surprise this is only a mega version of a standard room. There is no 'feeling home' in that suite due to the lack of decorations or furniture. You got the impression that you are in some home retreat for elder people. Yes, there is a piblic swimming pool and sauna and the breakfast is sober but fresh and good quality food. The staff does his best, but this Hotel needs to step into the reality of better quality Hotel. For the time being I'm affraid I could not recommend this Hotel dispite of the efforts of the staff.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Apeldoorn Het Loo, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Maik Willems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

After a turbulent flight and a less than enthralling train journey I was ready for a good room with a good meal and that's exactly what I got.
The restaurant menu was good. The breakfast was adequate and I especially like the fact that a waitress was on hand to cook your eggs how you wanted when you wanted them.
It's location is fairly quiet and Apeldoorn has many trees so noise is absorbed by them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Apeldoorn Het Loo, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Apeldoorn.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel have swimming pool, little gym, restaurant and bus stop in front of the hotel (very convinence).
It's 10 minutes drive by taxi from Apeldoorn train station or you can use a bus for 2 euro.
Overall is a very convinience hotel for business / leisure.

Room Tip: Facing the street is a good option
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Apeldoorn Het Loo, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel inn Apeldoorn.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed for one night, large room, comfortable bed, free wireless internet access, good brewakfast, helpful and friendly staff, great location. I would certainly use this hotel again - perhpas next time with my wife ratehr than on a solo work trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Apeldoorn Het Loo, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear guest,

I hope to meet you again at our hotel in Apeldoorn.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Good hotel in a nice location, handy and quiet. I stayed for several days and while I had a pleasant experience overall, I have to mention the patchy cleaning of the room (towels left in the bathtub, garbage bin not emptied) and the overly expensive basic breakfast. The restaurant in nice for a rainy day when you don't want to go out, but there are much better restaurants in Apeldoorn, 5 minutes drive or 15 minutes walk away. A big plus is the free wifi which I've found fast and reliable. I would definitely stay there again but without breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Holland, Europe
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a cute looking hotel. Free parking in front of the hotel. There are meeting facilities and there is an okay restaurant.

The room was spaceous, as was the bathroom. The room could be cleaner though. The beds are soft and comfortable. Service is nice and professional from front desk to restaurant.

There is a pool, steamroom and fitness area. The steamroom is indeed full of steam, which you will need when you want to swim as the pool is not heated (so: cold) and undeep by the way.

All in all a good hotel for business or travel. It is close to the Castle and not far from the city centre of Apeldoorn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Den Haag
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I am currently sitting in my junior suite as I type. I booked this hotel because the Best Western website (http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/NL/Apeldoorn-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-Hotel-het-Loo/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=92691&srcPage=SelectHotel&isMapOpen=true&selectedHotels=) indicates that the suites and junior suites "have a seperate sitting room" which would have been perfect for the crib we needed for our infant son. I have now been informed that no room in this entire hotel actually meets this description. Had we known this, we would have looked for other accomodations.

The second issue relates to the restaurant. While the information book inside of my room says "our restaurant is daily opened from 11.00 till 23.00 hrs for lunch and diner" (grammar mistakes present in the book), we have now been informed that this is also untrue. So instead of being able to eat while my son is peacefully napping, we have to wait for the restaurant to reopen in another hour. This would not be such an issue if there was room service, which there is not.

All in all unimpressed. I will be making a formal complaint as well.

This place is not recommended for families with small children or those who believe in truth in advertising,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank txex1996
Bastion Hotel G, Manager at Bastion Hotel Apeldoorn Het Loo, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear guest,

I hope you accept my apologies,

Maik Willems

Travelers are raving about these Apeldoorn hotels