“Quiet, clean and convenient”

Bilderberg Hotel De Keizerskroon
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Apeldoorn
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Main reason for which I've selected this hotel - that they promised that it's pet friendly, and I've traveled with a dog. A dog costs 25 euro per night, and nobody complained about it even when we went for a walk in 4 a.m. (and they had to open door for us). "Welcome" dish with some dog biscuits awaited us in the room.
Room itself is large and clean. The only thing about it is that internet is for extra money (17 euro per day or 75 per a week) - and sometimes there it a trouble to connect!
Breakfast is good, but every day the same selection. There is a very good restaurant next door that I used for a dinner (dinner in hotel is not bad, but very slow for me).
Hotel is located in the quiet part of the town, 2 km from the center. It has large free parking, and road out from the town is short enough (if you have business in other parts of country).
So I'll recommend this hotel for travelers with pets, and for business travels. Or if you want quiet place in the center of country.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My daughter and I shared a room in this hotel for three nights in August. We were with the Essex and Kent Scottish tour of battlefields, culminating in three nights in Dieppe France to commemorate the Dieppe Raid on August 19, 2012. The room was comfortable and quiet, the beds were good and we left the door open for air. The balcony was cute and garden like with shrubs. The breakfast was fine, but there were no prunes!! There should always be prunes at these buffet breakfasts. We ate one night at the hotel dining room (table cloths, quite expensive but a special had been arranged for our tour), and one night in the centre of Apeldoorn (less formal, better value). While this locatio accommodated our two bus group, if I was traveling with family only I would try for a more central location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice and easy hotel. Good serve and the staff is very attent to the comfort of the guests. The accomodation is becominga little bit outdated, but it still answers to a high standard.
The restaurant serves a good quality.
A minus is the wifi. You have to pay for it. I think a free wifi should be the standard.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Staff is kind, breakfast is ok, you can eat egg, fruits, cheese, ham, salmon, fresh juice and celeries. Room is nice, with small balcony and clean. Area is beautiful, silent and large park is very close. But internet options are weird. So, if you don't want to pay for internet 13 euros per day per device, do not go. In this sens this hotel is behind modern era.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I took my 8 year old daughter for a weekend cycling in this part of Holland which we had not visited before. The hotel staff were exceptionally welcoming and our suite was beautiful and 100% clean. The restaurant was probably a bit too smart for kids, but the same, excellent, food was available in the bistro. Hotel is right next door to Het Loo Palace and a bus stop almost outside the front door takes you into the centre of town and the station. The only thing that stopped this being an 'excellent' is the fact that I was assured specifically on the phone before I went that the hotel had both adults and kids bikes to rent and they had so many there was no need to book. As it turns out, there was an adult bike, but nothing for children and the hotel was unable to suggest a bike shop which rented childrens' bikes. A long afternoon walking and taxi-ing the locality eventually found a shop about 15km away. I was surprised that it was so hard to source rental bikes in Holland.

I would still go back to the Keizerkroon though!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed over Easter at the Bilderberg for two nights with family as we wanted to visit the Zoo and Het Loo Palace. Although slightly outdated and plain, the rooms are very clean and of a good size and same for the bathrooms. We enjoyed the good breakfast buffet, but were irritated to have to pay for WiFi.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LadyA_9228
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I booked De Keizerskroon based on TripAdvisor review and having had a wee idea of the Bilderberg reputation from a previous stay in Maastricht in 2007. Our stay was over Maundy Thursday until Black Saturday.

Overall, the place is a great base to see the famous sites in the Orange Circle as I would call it :0): the Paleis Het Loo, the Apenheul and the Hoge Veluwe National Park. The hotel is a 3-minute walk to the palace entrance and if you stay in Bilderberg, you can get a special ticket to get into the palace via a short walk from the hotel versus all other visitors that have to get into the palace grounds via a long walk from the Paleis Het Loo parking area. Be sure to ask the reception for the special tickets though (12.50€ each for adults, children under 6 go free), otherwise you'll be diverted to buy tickets at the Paleis Het Loo ticket booths at the attraction's parking area.

Location-wise, the hotel is tucked within a residential area right beside the Paleis Het Loo.

The room is spacious, clean and there is ample space for a huge baby cot (my 4-year old could have fit in it!) and a laid out sofa bed.

The breakfast at restaurant Le Petit Prince is more than adequate. Highlights for me are the 'famous' Bilderberg smoked salmon, homemade scrambled eggs, delicious varietu of baked bread, plus the fresh banana, carrot or red beet smoothies that came in tiny bottles!

The swimming pool on the top floor is 1.4 m deep throughout but my 4-year old had a great time nonetheless. Pool was clean and you can take a peak at the palace gardens from the pool area. There is a cross trainer and a stationary bike for those who need some gym equipment :0).

The restaurant serve very good fine dining meals. My family ate at the Brasserie out of courtesy to other guests who'd probably want a kid-free dinner. Our family on the other hand enjoyed the space and the freedom to have our meal with our two lovely talkative daughters without feeling the need to tone down their voices (our youngest being only 4-months old!). Our server, Dhr. Ad den Hartog deserves special mention because he served us with a smile all throughout our meal! An activity book was provided to our 4-year old at the start of the meal and her wish to eat the 'red fruit' (watermelon) for dessert was honored by the chef.

My regrets: I hate it when I have to book and find out that I have to pay for extras.
It cost 25€/night more for my daughter to sleep in the sofa bed which was already part of the room. I also wish that people at reception could give you a warmer welcome. I got reception to print out our etickets to Apenheul (that was very kind of them!) but aside from that wish they had more tips to offer visitors.

Well we got what we paid for anyway. A very nice relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apeldoorn
Hotel de Echoput
#3 of 7 in Apeldoorn
Binnenstad
Hotel et le Cafe de Paris
Hotel et le Cafe de Paris
#5 of 7 in Apeldoorn
De Slaapfabriek
#1 of 1 in Teuge

Been to Bilderberg Hotel De Keizerskroon? Share your experiences!