“a great experience due to a great tour guide!”

A Guide to Leeuwarden
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Leeuwarden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Every week we organise Free Walking Tours in Leeuwarden. In 1,5 to 2 hours a passionate guide will show you Leeuwarden through their eyes. Expect funny historical stories, beautiful street-art and cute little shops and art galleries. Every Friday at 15:00 we organise a Walking tour about Friesland. On Saturday we do a Walking Tour about Leeuwarden at 12:00 and at 14:00 we do a Walking tour about Mata Hari. The walking tours are every week (rain or shine) and there's no need to sign up. Meet us at the Oldehoofsterkerkhof at 12:00 (noon). We will be in front of the Oldehove (that leaning tower). In case of events on the big square we will start at the big mural, next to bar de Brasserie. Our tours are in Dutch. On Saturday 12PM we also have an English guide and we sometimes do tours in German. All of our regular walking tours are Free Tours. If you liked the tour, you can give the guide a donation according to your own budget. We will use it to cover our expenses.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was living in Leeuwarden for seven months when I took this free tour. I discovered many new places, totally unknow for me (graffiti street, some secret gardens...). Henk was a very good guide tour who shared with us a lot information in a really dinamic way. Furthermore, the tour was intereactive, he challenged us to discover the difference in the coat of arms and he answered every questions that arose. After joining this tour I got a better understanding about its interesting history and I think Leeuwarden should use its history as competitive advantage.

1  Thank Lourdes225

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The guided tour was really interesting. Even though I live here, he explained many facts and stories I did not know about until now. He showed us places where you usually do not go to or just pass by, because it seems not that important. By telling stories about people from Leeuwarden or just about the past everything became clearer. The guide knows a lot and loves to share it. I can only recommend to do this tour!

1  Thank Nelinde26
Reviewed June 3, 2014

A very good tour! The guide knows perfectly all these places in Leeuwarden that are not usually visited. It is great to hear different anecdotes about buildings, famous people, ... Highly recomended!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Really great tour! We discovered "secret" places of the city and found out a lot of interesting facts about Leeuwarden. And for sure Henk is nicest guide ever :)

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Have been to this free tour 2 time. Very interesting and informative. Guide is friendly, answers any questions and is helpful, if you have questions besides tour. Saw interesting places where I never been before in this city, and saw places I could never imagine exist in Leeuwarden. Recommend this tour if you are in Leeuwarden. Nice combination of history, friendly environment, guided tour and pleasant walk in the city.

1  Thank Tatjana V